97 F250 Diesel Prerunner

offrdmania

Reaction
So I picked this up last week from a kid in San Diego, it was beyond thrashed. It has taken me close to a week to get it cleaned up this much. Anyways, its a 97 F250 with a 7.3L diesel; its beamed up front 5.5 wider, 1" kingpins, 14" dual rate Sway-a-ways, 35's, glass, etc, etc. Its a starting point, just trying to get everything in working order before I go any further in the build. Let me know what you think?

truck001.jpg

Rossracing756

Reaction
i saw you at the DMV in turlock today is this Matt i truck kools good dnt get up close did nt know whos it was then i saw you leaving

Andrew

Reaction
I love the older body style when people build them. I give it a thumbs up.

I might be building a centurion (rare 4 door bronco) too, so I'll keep up with your thread.

Any plans on racing? It'd be sick to win in 1450 with a diesel. I bet ford would give you one heck of a payoff

TauMau

Reaction
Website
www.wisdomracing.com
I saw that one in the classifieds and thought it'd be awesome to build up. Nice choice any plans to link it?

offrdmania

Reaction
I need to fix all of the problems first, the truck was not maintained at all. It is definitely a work in progress

PreKota

Reaction
have always thought this truck was neat..but ya last I saw it it was dirty and just unloved..glad you got it!

gimme sand

Reaction
Def a cool truck. Its a shame is wasnt well maintained. Do work and get her in tip top shape!

PreKota

Reaction
You should have seen the dirt that came out of the steam clean canister when I did the carpets.

oh trust me I know lol..it was a real pig pen..

Id love to shoot that thing tho (photography wise)..hit me up when its ready if your interested :D..

offrdmania

Reaction
Dont get me started on the happiness with spraypaint in the fenderwells. I dont even know what coils are on the shocks because they were spray painted black. Its a dielsel and weighs a lot more than the gas V8. Im curious to know what coils were used. Shocks need to come out and be totally cleaned, they are caked with gunk and dirt. I had to put penetrating oil on the threads and leave it over night in order to turn the preload collars.

Steven_Tolbert

Reaction
Seeing how I had the same truck, my parents own it now. I am very curious to see how you will be able to make that thing handle with that heavy Diesel

BajaBronco13

Reaction
Seeing how I had the same truck, my parents own it now. I am very curious to see how you will be able to make that thing handle with that heavy Diesel

I have a four door Bronco with a 460 engine. Do you know the weight difference between these two power plants? Curious as I would like to build my four door into a mild prerunner.

offrdmania

Reaction
Well, a 460 weighs 720lbs and the 7.3 is 1200lbs. So almost a 500lb difference. Im not sure yet how it will handle