98-00 2wd Ranger Long Travel

sbro

Reaction
Actually, those kits mentioned above all come with the 2.5" King prerunner coilovers. The money I would be blowing would include those shocks. I will be building a full cage too, somewhere down the line. I know I will be setting myself back a few bucks after getting my front suspension done, but I want to do everything right the first time. I would rather get everything done right over time than save a few bucks and do it all half-ass at once.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
sbro where do you live?

If you live close you can come for a ride.

sbro

Reaction
I live in San Dimas. Its about half an hour away from O.C. I'm down to take a ride. What kind of setup you did you have put on? Precision did yours right?

rdc

Reaction
sbro

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you but I was out of town. Anyways Precision Fab did do mine and I am down to meet up some time. I live in Mission Viejo which is pretty close to you. I will be in Parker this week but give me an e-mail and we can work it out.

Eric e-mail dirtwrks@hotmail.com"]dirtwrks@hotmail.com[/url]

jeff

Reaction
Ok... it's been a month - any new information regarding Ranger LT systems? I'm interested and so are a few potential customers.

Aloha

robert_encinas

Reaction
a.j. at the baja shop will give you a ride when ever you want(the green hornet).they have 2 styles for the kit, boxed in , or tubular. each one is priced accordingly. they also recommend the 2.5 king coil-over.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Does the Baja Shop have a kit for an F-150 (97-present)? Their site doesn't have any info on kits or truck suspension.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

robert_encinas

Reaction
they are in the process of making one. they also did the Offroad 4 door truck recently. look for that in an upcoming issue of Offrad magazine . also the website is still under construction.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Did their shop used to be in Stanton and does a guy named PePe own it?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

WFODAN

Reaction
Pepe did own the shop when it was in Stanton . He retired and closed it about 2 years ago . AJ then opened Baja Shop Motorsports a few months later in Orange . The kits he makes are second to none . I have personally helped test them to make sure that they are the toughest kit on the market . The kit that Robert was referring to was for the Off Road owned Ford Sport Trak . He is currently in the process of building a kit for the 97 - up F150 . Give him a call and he can give you more info on it .
(714)279-0778 .

Dan Vance

sbro

Reaction
Hmmm, I talked to the baja shop again, and they gave me a price that was 1200 more than what they originally quoted. Guess I'm back to square one. There is no such thing as affordable long travel, what was I thinking. I will be shopping around for a while longer until my "Long Travel Charity Fund for the Needy" goal has been reached.

WFODAN

Reaction
Well I don't know who you talked to or how long ago you got an estimate , but if AJ gives you a price ....... that's the price . He doesn't change it , unless what you want changes. Nevertheless I feel he is one of the best fab guys around , and his prices are usually about half of most other fab shops around . Why don't you Email me personally Sean and I'll see what the difference was for .

Dan Vance

DougM

Reaction
what about A-arm Explorers?

Id be interested and willing to pay a reasonable price if someone could get extra travel from my A-arm Explorer.This Explorer is stock BITD class and doesnt have long travel.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.acemotorsports.net/tonopah2000-explo05.jpg>http://www.acemotorsports.net/tonopah2000-explo05.jpg</A>
The only situation I see being difficult is that the 95 Explorers have torsion bars similar to the newer 98 Ranger 4x4s. I'm sure something can be done though as its very similar to the Toyota and theres all kinds of long travel stuff for those!

Anyone up to making the first long travel Explorer SUV....

I bet it would sell a ton if they were made available?

Quick_Prerunner

Reaction
Hey Eric this is Mike, I used to work at R&D when Jeff was working there. I go over to Jeff's shop frequently and saw your truck there. Your truck looks damn good. Jeff also told me that your 15in. of travel was usuable travel. Not like some others where they cycle the suspension with the shocks off. Like, my toyota my gets 14 but because the upper arm hits the coilover at full droop I wind up with about 13. You're probably the only one on here with the bump pad setup you have. It's an ingenious idea, with the roller. Anyway, see you in the desert.

rdc

Reaction
Mike,

Hey what is going on? What have you been up to lately? Ever since you stoped working at R&D and I stopped going there I have not seen you around. Anyways thanks for the compliments and I hope to see you out in the desert.