98-00 hnm ranger long travel

havahockey

Flipper
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dezertrangers.com/hnmlt.html>http://www.dezertrangers.com/hnmlt.html</A> Clicky

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."

cleartoy

Very nice kit! Why did he go with single rate springs?

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Very nice..but I ahve to agree on the heim issue. The rack is going to break before anything else...it is weak. I would rather break a small heim then have a the "cool factor of" big heim and break a rack! Smae goes for the older Rangers too...big heim = rip the steering box off the frame. I personally would rather break a 20 tie rod then a very expensive rack or rip the steering box of the frame on the older ones.
Very nice quality! I like it. What's the stats on bump steer, camber change etc..? Whats the price tag minus coilovers?

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

fishd00d

What A Joke
Fully Tig Welded Boxed Upper and Lower Arms Extended 5" Per Side
Fabricated Spindles
4130 Construction All CAD Designed
A True 16" of Suspension Travel with 35" Tires
Grade 9 Aircraft Hardware
Steel Braided Brakeline Extensions
10" 2.5 SAW Coilovers
SAW Air Bumps

I was told Mig Version is around 7K and Tig is around 8K Installed with shocks.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

elcaprerunner

Allright, this is off the Ranger subject a little but here is my question. I am looking into buying a 2wd '87 Toyota with the H and M long travel kit. This is not the current long travel kit they have out though, however I am pretty sure it is very similar. It is the earlier version of the kit which is 3.5" wider on each side. I am wondering how much travel it puts out, if it is ball joint or uniball, and all of the other specs it has. Keep in mind it is torsion bar, also what shocks it should be using. Any information would be appreciated, thank you. It does not say on the H and M website and neither Baja Concepts or Kartek carries it, if anyone knows a website that lists it that would be great too.

P.S. Sorry for derriving from the Ranger. For not being a Ford man I must admit it is badass.

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by elcaprerunner on 11/08/02 08:10 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

cleartoy

Was not aware that HandM made a long travel kit for that truck.....tell us about it please! Does it have uniballs? If so aRe they vertical or hoirizontal?

For reference, my TC horizontal uniball kit cycles 12.5" out of claimed 13". Thats +3" wider per side.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

elcaprerunner

That is why I made the post because I was wondering. It is on a Yota that I am going to look at on Sunday.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

cleartoy

Cool El, keep us posted.

Oh and I like the name of your club.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

elcaprerunner

Okay everyone I went down to Valley Center today (sunday) to look at this '87 2wd Toyota with my buddy yotatech. First off let me say that the H and M arms were friggin' sick! They were 3 1/2 inches wider on each side and supposedly put out 12-13" of travel. They look alot like the Total Choas lowere arms for old 2wd's but towards the end of them they have more of a bend which gives a sweet look to them, and they are designed alot like the Chaos arms too. The upper ones were pretty much just a U that went straight to the spindle and they are ball joint I am pretty sure. To tell the truth I didn't get a good enough look to tell if they were for sure. I did not buy the truck though because to say the least it was a giant POS accept for the front suspension. But what do you expect for a fully caged prerunner for $1,100? lol Everything built with the 110 flux wirefeed in house......literaly! Some guys can pull that off and some guys can't, needless to say this guy couldn't. No offense, I am not trying to talk trash on the guy but it was not close to being worth what he was asking, oh well.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by elcaprerunner on 11/10/02 11:37 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

orvacian

$1100 and it was NOT worth it?!? For a whole truck? From what you are saying about the arms alone it would be worth that. What's his phone number?

elcaprerunner

Ya Jerry, they arms looked like the first picture, are those the H and M ones of their old kit? I know you guys think I might be an idiot for not buying it but you need see this truck to believe it. I would not that cage protecting me in any situation. Also it did not run, no gas tank or shocks, and only one seat. He didn't even clean it up to sell it, when you looked inside the cab it was just full of crap, stock leaf springs and shakles and engine parts and other crap just laying around inside, it was not a pretty picture, you could not even see the floor! The rear axle was attached by the drive shaft and a piece of square tubing on each side that was welded to the axle and the frame to keep it there. And if I did buy it it would be sitting in my driveway for 4 months or so while I try to get it running and my parents are yelling at me about it, didn't want that either.

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

mattrick88

i think what jerry might be trying to say is that those arms are infact not h&m's, but they are Camburg arms. most likely h&m buys the Camburg arms and then sells them just as they do with the Camburg i-beams, etc.