• Forum membership has its advantages....

98+ Stock Ranger Fiberglass

jeff

Anyone know of a manufacturer that offers fiberglass front fenders in a stock flare and fender opening size? If not stock, what is the most MILD fiberglass fender offered? Something as close to stock as possible. I've got a couple Ranger work trucks that seem to have dent magnets in the front fenders - it'd be much cheaper to repair some fiberglass than it is to pound out and fill or replace the stock metal ones.

Thanks!

Jimmy8

I know autofab used to make fenders for the older rangers with a stock flare. As for the newer ones like a 98 and up I dont know, but it would be worth the call since I know they do for the older ones. I had a friend that had stock flare fiberglass on his ranger (a 91), and you couldnt tell the difference between them and the metal ones.

"On A Mission"

jeff

Will do. I've found all sorts of places that offer stuff for the full size trucks... including complete stock looking one piece tilt kits... that'd be perfect for the work trucks... :) If anyone knows of something like that let me know.

Aloha

Mikey

Jeff, check the classifieds. There are always good used fenders for cheap. For instance, I have
a pair of white 2000's that I will let go for $150.

jeff

But the problem with metal fenders is a few weeks after I install them on the trucks they will be all dented up again... you smack a metal fender with a hammer and you get a big dent... the same fender in fiberglass will at worst just crack and will most likely just scratch the paint. I can find white Ranger fenders all day long in a junkyard for way cheaper than $150 a pair... trust me, been there done that. It's not the money as much as it is the time it takes to deal with it. I'd rather slap a set of fiberglass fenders on there and be done with it.

Aloha

jeff

Perry only offers a 3" inch and a 5.5" or what they call a 6" flare fender for the 98+ Rangers. That's too much flare for this application.

Aloha

sbro

Re: 98 Stock Ranger Fiberglass

Why not take a set of stock fenders into the guys at Hannemann (or fiberglass co. of your choice), and have them lay a mold from it? I don't see that requiring too much labor since it is an exact duplication of the stocker. I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad a price considering the quantity you plan on buying.

V8Ranger

If your going to buy quite a few of them you might want to look into the material that Saturn uses to make their dent resistant doors. Its probably more trouble than its worth but it would be pretty cool to have a set of fenders made outta that stuff.

jeff

Re: 98 Stock Ranger Fiberglass

I thought about having a friend of mine make a mold for me... then I could lay them up as I needed them. I just figured I could save some time and a few brain cells if someone already offered them. If I laid them up my self I could even change the material and resin content to make a more pliable fender. That might not be a bad idea.

I'm not sure Hannemann could be convinced there is a market for them - I'd only be buying 5-6 of them in a year... maybe if other Ranger work truck owners would purchase them it could justify the production setup investment.

If anyone knows of someone that makes a stock looking fender without flare, let me know.

Aloha