998 In Car from MORE Chili Cook Off

TauMau

Reaction
The way the clips transition makes it look like I get to mile 4 in about a minute...not intentional just the way it ended up.

Thanks to Rob Fiege for being an awesome co-rider and as always to Tony and Kyle Murray for letting me get into the drivers' seat. Support those who support our sport. Check out:

http://www.american-rentals.com/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eSgB6S2AJM"]YouTube - In Car of American Rentals car 998 @ 2009 MORE Chili Cook Off[/ame]

Filmed on a GoPro wide. Camera packages available for sale. PM me for details.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
GOOD SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was one wheel hop away from pullin a flipper!!!

I wonder how Rob's feelin'? BAHAHA

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
Nice driving Jacob. You need a brace after watching that vid. You looked like a bobble-head. Let me know if you want a deal and I will take care of you. That donut will just break your neck son if you have a problem. Bet your neck was sore after that ride. LOL

I have a lot of guys out there using the brace now and here's something from Taylor from the last MDR Night race:

Kind of late, but I used the braces at the MDR race and they were AWESOME! If anyone asks what kind of brace to run I'm without a doubt saying the Leatt and to get them through you.

Thanks again UB!

Taylor Morford

TauMau

Reaction
Thanks Scott. Growing up I learned from a couple of the best drivers in the sport.

U_Bob - If you could PM me some pricing I'd appreciate it. I'm a starving college student who needs to replace his 8 year old helmet, so a neck brace isn't quite at the top of my list, but I'll consider it. I know you can't really put a price on safety but who am I kidding...in my mind I'm invincible until proven otherwise :)

Nick, Matt and JAR - Thanks guys. These damn 9 cars can get squirrely real fast.

Si-mon

Reaction
What type of camera set up is that? I would love to get one in my 9 car

Huntington Beach

Reaction
So you want to ride in a 9 car????

I roll out of HB about 5am heading for Lucerne. Get to tech about 7am, check in and get stickered, then head out to MM4 where the american rentals team is pitting. The drivers (Jacob and Kyle) are at the drivers meeting when I get there so I introduce myself and start checking out the car I'm going to jump in.

Jacob shows up and informs me that we are in first and if I want I can co-drive the whole race. I'm thinking to myself sure sounds good how bad can it be. After suiting up we jump in the car and head to start/finish. We line up 3rd in class and get ready to run down the guys infront. As you can see from the video Jacob caught them quick and was hauling the mail (Jacob has no problem getting that car completely sideways in the air LOL). We had one car get by about MM30ish (we picked the wrong line) but finished our first lap less then 1min down.

Lap 2 was awesome with very little dust and what felt like a faster lap then 1. I decided I had had enough of being treated like a bobble-head and would be getting out at main. We pulled in still down about a minute. Kyle got in as the team fueled the car and Jacob took my spot as the other Co-driver was MIA. Kyle clicked off a great 3rd lap with a split only 3min's out of first even with the driver change.

Lap 4 didn't go so well as a brakedrum decided to let go spit out the splines (when the hell does that happen?). After about 30min's of down time the car was back up and running and Kyle and Jacob got it to the finish line.

Great run guys, you both ran plenty fast to win just need some better luck. Thanks Jacob for not killing me and most of all letting me ride with you. Thanks Tony, Kyle, and the American Rental team for allowing me to hang out with you guys for the day. I had a great time.

For anyone who hasn't been in a 9car.... My body is still aching 2 days later!!!!

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
I see why you were looking for another co-dog,your last one must have ben sore from the last race.lol....nice video and save.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction
Thanks Scott. Growing up I learned from a couple of the best drivers in the sport.

U_Bob - If you could PM me some pricing I'd appreciate it. I'm a starving college student who needs to replace his 8 year old helmet, so a neck brace isn't quite at the top of my list, but I'll consider it. I know you can't really put a price on safety but who am I kidding...in my mind I'm invincible until proven otherwise :)

Nick, Matt and JAR - Thanks guys. These damn 9 cars can get squirrely real fast.
PM sent. I hope I can help you out as with anyone else that reads this.

TauMau

Reaction
Si-mon - It's a GoPro camera. We're a dealer for them. PM with more details sent.

Rob - Thanks for the write up! I told you I thought we were going slower our second lap! 7 seconds slower to be exact haha

http://moreracing.net/09/results/sept2009.pdf

Wish I would have pushed a little harder but I guess in retrospect given the outcome it would have been an act in futility.

Thanks Morgan, and U_Bob I received and replied to your PM.

Huntington Beach

Reaction
Si-mon - It's a GoPro camera. We're a dealer for them. PM with more details sent.

Rob - Thanks for the write up! I told you I thought we were going slower our second lap! 7 seconds slower to be exact haha

http://moreracing.net/09/results/sept2009.pdf

Wish I would have pushed a little harder but I guess in retrospect given the outcome it would have been an act in futility.

Thanks Morgan, and U_Bob I received and replied to your PM.
LOL 7sec is slowing down too much for the start/finish

Either way you had a good run Jacob ( 1min and 2sec off fast lap) and I would co-driver for you any time!!!

Last edited:

1wayne

Reaction
My back is kill me after only 9 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TauMau

Reaction
Rob - Careful what you say! If I end up in that situation again you just might be getting a call from me and then you'd be obligated

Curtis - I always thought of us class 9 racers to be more like garage band members than rockstars. :D I answered your PM

Wayne - Yeah after 5 hours of it I was about ready to collapse!

Kevin - Thanks dude we need more incar from you guys! I like thinking that people actually use the cameras I sell :)