9inchfloater.com question

glamisrnr

Reaction
I didnt know where to post this, I am looking at a ford 9" full floater from 9inchfloater.com and am wondering if any one on here has experince with them, I am looking at this one http://9inchfloater.com/CompleteRrEnd/CmplteRrEnd_28_31.htm it is a 28 and 31 spline, or should I go with the 35 40 spline? Any help is appreciated

jonpfive

Reaction
Depends on your application as to what axles/splines you run. My Pro lite has 35spl. in it now, but I may consider a gun drilled 40 in my next setup. I was told that my Pro lite will twist the splines right off on a 31spl. axle. Most of the Pro 2s run 40spl. stuff, and Kevin's are gundrilled.

Ron is super nice to deal with, I wouldn't hesitate to order from him at all unless you are building a Pro-2, in which case I am a Tubeworks snob.

glamisrnr

Reaction
It is going in a stock truck, with a stock motor for this year and am gonna build the motor over winter for next year.

wiracefan

Reaction
Ron builds a solid rear end assembly. I have known him for quite some time now. I actually used to pit for him on his circle track stuff. I am sure his 28 and 31 spline rears are for light duty and circle track applications. His 35 and 40 are for the off road stuff. Give him a call he will be happy to answer any question you may have.

glamisrnr

Reaction
I have called him already, and was looking for some opinoins on his stuff, I am looking around still but has been hard to beat the price, there is still one company I am talking with.