A 302 in a yota

Custom_Yota

Reaction
hey everyone i as just thinking if you guys know if a 302 would fit in an 89 2wd yota non-extracab. I know that the firewall would have to go and i was just wandering if any of you guys have seen this done or know anything about it.

ntsqd

Reaction
Do a google search, there's a Kiwi who put a 5.0 SEFI in a 4wd, IFS too I think. Used to be on the ORC yota list, think I've seen his byline over @ 4x4wire.com's bbs'
Not directly related, but his page did a good job of documenting what had to happen for it all to fit.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Just as a starting point, I wouldn't think the engine compartments are too different in size between the Rangers and the Toyotas. The most difficult thing would be the wiring, motor mounts, transmission mounts, and the clearance between the radiator and the front of the engine. If your a good fabricator or know someone who is, that would be half the battle. If you haven't already, review the other thread in this forum for a basic idea of what you would be dealing with.

Reaction
Ivan Stewart drove a 2WD 4Runner with a Ford Small Block in it for years. That thing saw a lot of miles in Baja and elsewhere. You can also check this out: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/eazyfox/>http://www.geocities.com/eazyfox/</A>

Custom_Yota

Reaction
i can do all the work. and i plan on removing all of the fire wall running CNC's, and doing a lower center mount a-arm and a j-arm up top. so my question is how much do you think the motor will have to come back for the upper j-arm

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
That is a seat of your pants question that will be determined by the chassis construction. Put the motor in first then build it around the heart. And I am sure there are those out there that think there is not enough room, well I motortrend has had a jeep safari with a viper crate in it, from the fire wall to the core support it was all valve covers.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

SANDlessNSeattle

rock solid user name
Reaction
Ivan's 4 skinner was a f150 frame with a yota body mounted on it ...just thought you should know...

Start drinking till you see double and act single

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
REALLY, dumb question, which was his four skinner, wait you mean the 4 runner ahh.

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

Reaction
Actually, it was built for Ivan and PPI by Steve Spirkoff of Spirit Racing, and sits on a Ranger frame. It does have F Series I-Beams and a 9 inch on Nationals. My point was that the 302 did fit in the engine compartment, though it was "stretched" a little bit. Just thought you should know... It's all good with me.