A Arm Weld on upgrade kit for VW

Steven_Tolbert

RDC Crypto
I was wondering if anyone has bought or checked out the a arm kit that moore parts source sells. I am pretty sure it is made by Orange County Buggy/ Wicked Creations. Any pros or cons? Does anyone know of another kit like this for VW's/10 cars?

roostthemoon

RDC Crypto
Didn't know about Moore so I had to google it. Looks badass. Sorry I can't answer your question but I will contribute by posting a picture lol

utyzamyj.jpg

Steven_Tolbert

RDC Crypto
Yeah I came across this kit while looking up parts for my friend and I've seen it in person at moore, they have it hanging up on the wall. The kit sounds awesome especially for the price but you never can really tell how well it will perform. Unless you are an expert in suspension and steering geometry. Which I am not lol. Thanks for throwing that pic up for me.

joe1369

RDC Crypto
Looks like a nice kit for a sand car, not being a hater, but only set up for a coil over, that is a limit strap mount it looks like, and it uses an end load rack mounted very low, so I doubt a larger Howe rack or similar will fit. Also designed for 18" of travel. Like most things like this, if you buy it and use it for what it was designed for it will be fine. Try to get 22-23" of travel out of it, add bypasses, bigger rack, who knows. Bump steer etc comes into play when you try to get those biger travel #'s. Just another opinion.

Steven_Tolbert

RDC Crypto
I was hopping to get more replies. Maybe I should have asked beam vs a arms.....lol I greatly appreciate the replies I did get. Thank you guys

Live Free or Die

RDC Crypto
Well Mike at Wicked does solid work...I race his 5/1600 chassis and he knows what he's doing. I was considering doing this for a perrunner but unless you have that type of travel (5x5) in the rear then I think staying with a beam is better and cheaper some +3 trailing arms should give you great performance add coil overs and go.