a arms sleeves wont budge

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
ok i got the balljoints out finally but now taking off the lower a arm, i got the bolts out but the sleeves they go into will not come out!!!! i got one out by hitting it with a hammer but the others will not even budge, do you guys understand what im asking and please any suggestions, this suspension install is a bitch, I should have figured it would be, also is there anyway to repair a small tear in my lower balljoint boot?

cleartoy

Reaction
ARe you talking about the sleeves and rubber bushings in the frame mounts or lower arms? Either way you may have to burn the bushings out to let the sleeves come out.

IF that doesnt work, you have to make some sleeves. Dont know what size or thickness you need and it will be hard to come by on a sunday.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction
how do i make new sleeves? also they have the alignment cams that go on them and my truck needs to be pretty aligned since its my daily driver, thanks for your help,
Brandon

cleartoy

Reaction
To make new sleeves, just find out the I.D. and the O.D. and buy some tubing like that. Just put it on your chop saw and cut to length.

For instance, alot of shock spacers are 5\8"x.065" tubing. That is so a 1/2" bolt will fit through there. Just find tha length and you can make as many as you like.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

motoxscott

Reaction
Brandon,

Give Camburg a call and talk to them about your install. I'm sure they will have no problems helping you out.

714-848-8880