A big Atta-boy to Harbor Freight!

Wendell #527

Reaction
That’s kind of cool, I guess. Just a little ironic that a company that promotes and sells 99% foreign made products is playing the “good guy for American production” role.

Last edited:

TwistyItch

ADVERTISER
Reaction
That’s kind of cool, I guess. Just a little ironic that a company that promotes and sells 99% foreign made products is playing the “good guy for American production” role.
Dude you lost me. Are you saying its ironic that no American brands are putting this money out there from the bottom line (ie, profit) for Americans? Or are you saying they suck because they are putting this money out there for Americans but they sell non-USA items?

Clarify if you want to. I am genuinely curious what your position is from this post.

Wendell #527

Reaction
This deed of helping kids get skills so they can get good jobs is great. They are helping the American worker. Good thing for us. However, they sell Chinese product. Stores like that have taken away hundreds of thousands of jobs from American workers. They only employ American workers at their stores but biggest hit came from manufacturing jobs that got slammed as Chinese product beat out American product through Chinese distributors like Harbor Freight. They are not a friend of the American worker by any means. However this promotion of rewarding teachers is cool but remember it is a promotion. It’s an advertisement just like a billboard sign or a TV commercial. Designed to promote sales which there is nothing wrong with. The irony is that they play like they care about the American worker while competing against the American worker and taking manufacturing jobs away.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
I was gonna put an ice machine on the launch ramp in
Cabo....until I found out that the mafia controls the ice!

MasTacos

Reaction
This deed of helping kids get skills so they can get good jobs is great. They are helping the American worker. Good thing for us. However, they sell Chinese product. Stores like that have taken away hundreds of thousands of jobs from American workers. They only employ American workers at their stores but biggest hit came from manufacturing jobs that got slammed as Chinese product beat out American product through Chinese distributors like Harbor Freight. They are not a friend of the American worker by any means. However this promotion of rewarding teachers is cool but remember it is a promotion. It’s an advertisement just like a billboard sign or a TV commercial. Designed to promote sales which there is nothing wrong with. The irony is that they play like they care about the American worker while competing against the American worker and taking manufacturing jobs away.
It's not like Eric Smidt stormed the beaches and torched the stores that sold American-made goods, he just came up with a better way to serve a specific market, a uniquely American approach. We decided to buy there because the perception (in my opinion) is that the products are "good enough" and cheap to replace.

Wendell #527

Reaction
Yep. They are cheaper, serve a need and usually work good enough to get the job done. Just like hookers.

43mod

Reaction
Wendel you need to blame the American buyer for what ails us. Look up the studies of 2 exact same products made here and elsewhere. We always buy the cheaper non USA model.

Wendell #527

Reaction
Wendel you need to blame the American buyer for what ails us. Look up the studies of 2 exact same products made here and elsewhere. We always buy the cheaper non USA model.
Yes, I agree. New generation doesn’t really care where anything was made. And US made products are expensive to make. Unions have driven up costs by demanding high wages, high taxes have driven up costs, on and on. Not an easy situation to fix. I sometimes buy from Harbor Freight too, but I try not to.

43mod

Reaction
Living in a rural area and traveling a ton of back roads for work I see Dollar General stores in almost all towns. Locally owned stores are shut down. I have never been in a dollar General for this reason.