a car but.. REALLY nice fabrication...

rokker

Reaction
boss shows up tp work yest with his new custom Saleen (basically a street legal race car) - fabrication is beautiful/immaculate to say the least - full 4130 cage front to back, carbon fiber EVERYTHING... alluminum ford block, 550+ hp, toooo much to list, this thing is one of a kind - only the 27th car Saleen has made (this model) and this one has EVERY bell and whistle possible...

Attachments

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Those cars are nice, custom made for each customer size, kinda funny its almost the same price as a custom tube chassis prerunner.

dave

Reaction
I just watched a thing about that car on TLC the other night . It was something about "If your rich and love to go fast "
They had a guy who was picking his up for the first time. They paid his airfair and everything for him when he came to picked up the car.....I think they said his car was $420,000.00 did like 0 to 60 in under 6 seconds or something crazy like that. Very Nice cars .

rokker

Reaction
yeah - my boss got ALL the extras on his - he says his is 0-60 in 2.7 sec but Im not sure how accurate that is... says he does like 65mph+ in first gear... incredible!

KitRacer

Reaction
i read that car has enough downforce at top speed that it could drive upside down. That is hard to believe though

jeff

Reaction
There are a few "production" cars that generate more downforce than the total weight of the vehicle. If they produce 3000lbs of downforce and only weigh 2000 lbs it would stick like glue. With the Saleen aero package I'm sure the bottom of the car is creating a ton of downforce too. I know most of todays F1 cars have enough downforce that at speed they could not only drive upside down, they would out handle most production sports cars. Imagine the head rush from that ride.

Aloha