A Commentary on Logjam Etiquette, with a Special Mention of a UTV

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Hmmm...Looks like the 1600m car is bumped when the UTV tries to bypass the line, then, the 7 truck tries to keep him honest when he tries to cut in line. Then things clear up a bit and cars start moving again, with the UTV making a great gain on track position by cutting in line. I guess the bottom line is, UTVs want to race with everyone else, so race them just like you would race everyone else. And this particular UTV has some Karma coming from the looks of it.

badassmav

Reaction
Hmmm...Looks like the 1600m car is bumped when the UTV tries to bypass the line, then, the 7 truck tries to keep him honest when he tries to cut in line. Then things clear up a bit and cars start moving again, with the UTV making a great gain on track position by cutting in line. I guess the bottom line is, UTVs want to race with everyone else, so race them just like you would race everyone else. And this particular UTV has some Karma coming from the looks of it.
There are 2 good reasons why our rear bumper is in pristine condition and never been hit after 1 1/2 seasons of racing SCORE/BITD events. 1, because we are fast and 2, because we move out of the way of faster vehicles to let them by. So, if you choose to tear up behind us and ram us without warning, well good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you.

Attachments

Last edited:

fatnbald

Reaction
There are 2 good reasons why our rear bumper is in pristine condition and never been hit after 1 1/2 seasons of racing SCORE/BITD events. 1, because we are fast and 2, because we move out of the way of faster vehicles to let them by. So, if you choose to tear up behind us and ram us without warning, well good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you.
The flashing blue light may be play a part in the condition of your bumper. I know it is required, but should be done away with at this point. utv is no longer a slow moving class and a four seat xp in race trim outweighs the average competitor in several other classes not required to be given special consideration when passing.

am i wrong if i see a 10 car muscling it's way to the front and then failing to climb the hill in the first or second attempt? should he not be scolded accordingly

i can not believe the attention the UTV class in generating. $396 a month and a couple feet of tubing and i could be racing the b1k. my buddy has a welder.

tapeworm

Reaction
And I thought 1450 guys were full of themselves... I know I'm a nobody but I think it would be a good thing for the UTV guys to become a little more humble and let the results speak for how fast the cars are instead of having the drivers do it. I'm not really huge on the UTV hype but these little golf carts are running somewhat decent times now. Their starting position should be behind the 1600 cars. That's where they belong.

Also be careful of who you talk your smack too. The front of a beam car is basically a battering ram. If you want to play you're going to have to pay. Just remember that when the roles are maybe reversed.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
BEGGING for it???? nice move......don't cry when you receive what you wish for.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Reaction
Doesn't the blue light mean you cannot be legally nerfed anyways?
Never heard that before.

I thought it was to warn drivers approaching from the rear of a lower-skill driver/vehicle.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Never heard that before.

I thought it was to warn drivers approaching from the rear of a lower-skill driver/vehicle.
You're right, just checked bitd rules:

"This BLUE LIGHT is an attempt to identify slower moving
classes of vehicles so that faster classes of vehicles will be able to recognize they are approaching
a slower vehicle."

Seems a little ironic they are still running that light though. Lets see pics of the front bumper.

green787

Reaction
NOBODY should intentionally nerf someone with malice.... Even if they have a sign on their back that says "go ahead, make my day".....

UTVUGRUSTY

Reaction
2:00 mins into this video it gets good.

JoeyD23

Reaction
And I thought 1450 guys were full of themselves... I know I'm a nobody but I think it would be a good thing for the UTV guys to become a little more humble and let the results speak for how fast the cars are instead of having the drivers do it. I'm not really huge on the UTV hype but these little golf carts are running somewhat decent times now. Their starting position should be behind the 1600 cars. That's where they belong.

Also be careful of who you talk your smack too. The front of a beam car is basically a battering ram. If you want to play you're going to have to pay. Just remember that when the roles are maybe reversed.

Which UTV guys do you refer to in making this broad assumption of them all being full of themselves? Should UTV guys not be proud like any other class racer? There are only a couple UTV drivers who have posted here. I'm a UTV cheer leader but I don't speak for UTV guys. I work my ass off to promote them and the class. I just want to make sure you don't paint them all to be full of themselves when only maybe 1 or 2 drivers have even posted on this or other Utv related subjects over the past few days.

Mearsman24

Reaction
The flashing blue light may be play a part in the condition of your bumper. I know it is required, but should be done away with at this point. utv is no longer a slow moving class and a four seat xp in race trim outweighs the average competitor in several other classes not required to be given special consideration when passing.

am i wrong if i see a 10 car muscling it's way to the front and then failing to climb the hill in the first or second attempt? should he not be scolded accordingly

i can not believe the attention the UTV class in generating. $396 a month and a couple feet of tubing and i could be racing the b1k. my buddy has a welder.
It also takes talent.... Just sayin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk