A D-Day Update and Notes

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
2 days to go till Dirt Day in Rialto! I've got just a few reminders and some updates. There is now a "virtual prerun" up at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/ror.wmv>http://www.pencilart.com/ror.wmv</A> Thanks to Fish for making it. There are a few digital glitches, but it should give you a good idea of what the course is like.............It's going to be a long day so bring your chairs!...................We hope the Santa Ana winds won't be blowing, but just in case, know that we can't control them! I wish we could. Normally it is very nice weather out there, but be prepared just in case. We will be taking extra efforts to water down the spectator areas the whole day before to keep dust to a minimum. Someday we'll get a water meter and plant grass!...............There will be food and beverages available (from cheeseburgers and hot dogs to pizza and nachos!) and we have arranged to have the prices as low as possible (it is an outside company coming in to do concessions).....................There will be parking attendants to help get everyone parked, but just so you know how it's going to work, trucks with big tires will be parking in the lot across from the gate and all others will be parked on the street and surrounding dirt roads. Code enforcement will be patroling and we have hired security to patrol so that you can feel more secure about that...............Race vehicles and vendors will be entering through Gate B. There will be signs to direct you. That gate has to close at 8:30 because the access road crosses the course, so if you plan on racing, don't be late!...............We have a great list of prizes for the racer raffle, like a set of leaf springs from Deaver, tire mounts from Camburg, Destroy Motorsports, and Duffco, once of those cool cupholders from BCS, a tool bag from MasterCraft, a $50 certificate from HM Rod Ends, a muffler from Spin Tech, a Grade 8 bolt assortment from Hillco, a Kenwood hand-held race radio from Tel Com, 2 cam shafts from Web Cam, assorted stuff from Rancho, gloves from Parker Pumper, and a slew of hats and T-shirts from Deaver, 983 Clothing, LC Engineering, and in the next few days there should be even more! The only way you can win stuff is if you enter the race. We are hoping to have enough prizes so EVERYONE gets SOMETHING..............I think that's all the new info I've got for now! If there's anything new I'll let you know. Thanks again for everyone's support and encouragement!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
I neglected to mention the following prizes in the post above (they were on another list...sorry!):
Videos from Bonzen Productions and Y-Not Productions and cash from California Pre-Fun!!!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

singlehanded

Reaction
Is the track going to be muddy or rutteed out?How many runs are each person going to get before the reak race begins?Just curios????????

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

Greg

Reaction
The way were doing it is like this: we will take 10 vehicles (not the hp or exibition class) and the will follow a lead/pace car around at a medium pace for one lap. The course is short enough that you will remember any difficult spots, they will also me noted at the drivers meeting and you can walk the course all morning if you like. We will then bring 2 cars up to the start, one will leave then 45 sec. after the other. So there will be 2 vehicles on the course at on time but you shouldn't even know the other person is there. If one of the vehicles affects the other, the faster vehicle will be flagged to slow and will run again later in the day. Everyone will run 3 laps and your time starts from the green flag and stops as you cross the finish line, you exit the track past the 2 front straight jumps for one last photo op though. It may not seem like a long time but everyone who has run a full 3 laps comes away as if they just drove 100 miles. The course is mostly a silty/sand base (anyone got about 1000 end-dumps of clay they don't need) so it is soft but we are keeping it wet and it hooks pretty good, not muddy either. We will have 2 tractors to dress the track throughout the day also. We have found the lower HP vehicles don't tear the track up too much, so we are making the big guys run last as they can cut big grooves.
A couple more notes about parking and such. We would love to park people in the venue but because the airport must stay functional, we cant risk someone driving on the runways, so everyone but the racers have to park outside the gate, its actually less walking distance than if you parked inside though. There will be police present throughout the day, so those tempted to show off how cool your truck does burn-outs in the parking area will probably get a fat ticket. Also, we are not allowing any glass bottles in the venue. And, since its a public area, the police can write tickets for drinking in public. So drink at your own risk. The event should last until mid afternoon. At the Sand Blast we went longer than expected and, unfortunatly, some people ran in the dark, with the new format that shouldn't be a problem at all. Everyone has been very understanding at the last events we've done and I want to say thankyou for that, and , I know there may be a few glitches being a new place, but since this is a permanent venue, anything that can be improved upon, will be in the future. Thankyou in advance to all who are coming out and racing and spectating and have helped along the way, pat yourselves on the back and know that you are making the sport of off-road racing grow.

Greg

Jordan

Reaction
Greg,

I watched the video and it looks like a great course. Hard to tell but I was curious are the straight away sections long enough to get some speed up? Last years course had so many turns in it you could never really get your speed up unless you were pushing some ponies! Just curious and looks great see you saturday!

Jordan

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

billymanfroy

Reaction
Jen and Greg,

That is just friggin awesome. I can't believe how much money and hard work you guys must be putting in to this. How cool is that to own your own track, and it's huge! I can't wait to see all of Austin's footage. (Pretty narrow purple hood for a yota LOL)

I'll tell you, I've been having the worst season of my life, and I would much rather run your track instead of the VORRA race this weekend, but there's no way I can pull it off. I PROMISE I will make it to another event soon. I don't even care what class I have to run in, I just want to blast around that track.

You all should be very proud of all of your efforts, and I hope the turn out is a million people to back you two (and everyone else who pitches in) up and make you happy. Good luck and keep it up!

Congrats, and see you next time...

Billy

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
That video was actually on a superlite driven by Pete Albano. The camera was dirty so it kept putting those stupid boxes on it. (its in the shop for cleaning now).

But I will be there with a camera filming all of d-day so you guys that can't make it won't have to miss everything!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
GOOD LUCK WITH IT JEN I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WISH I COULD BE THERE GOT A TWO DAY BACHOLOR PARTY TO GO TO GOT TO LOVE STRIPPERS!!!

orvacian

Reaction
I have run the course several times and trust me, there is plenty for room to get your speed up, as long as your suspension can handle it! It is more like actual desert racing then the last race was. The track seems way longer as you drive around it too. Like Greg said, after 3 laps you feel like you went 10 laps! It is not so bad that the stock guys (like me) will be breaking stuff, but challenging enough for the modified classes to have some fun!

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
My gps showed my fastest speed on the course was 47 mph. the front straight with the two big jumps allows for some speed

<font color=yellow>United Jump Truck Society<font color=yellow>
U.J.T.S. President.

Stan

Reaction
Just curious since I can't make it either, how many times a year do y'all plan on holding this event? I'm really ansty on getting the stock poser K5 into 4hi and getting it awn.

I'm not here, nor was I here, nor will I ever be here.