A GREAT weekend @ Del Mar w/ GREAT people!

Scott Rehn

Reaction
I felt compelled to write this quick note eventhough I am sure I will leave someone out and with that being said, I now apologize.
Myself, my wife(Jenn), & PJ were one of the "modified" kart teams that raced this last weekend at the SD County Fair. Our team is basically just getting started at that level and what became obvious early on was that we are a little "behind the 8-ball." It didnt seem to matter to the teams that were there. The teams and families in attendance were there to "have fun!" I cant say for anyone else, but the "Rehns" sure did! Our kart had problems upon problems and continuously other dads came over to lend a helping hand or to offer any kind of parts that they might have there. Trust me, we were needing the help! I think we need to change our team's name to "Murphy's Law Racing!" Without people like Dave Winner, Dave Weaver, Brad Liffick, Dave Mason, or Steve, Brian and a few of our other Marine friends that were there to "just hang-out," we would NOT have made it out onto the track at all. You'd think that we were racing a pro-2 or 4 with the crazy problems we were having. Our crew chief David Cassas was very instrumental as well, his communication & "spotting" for PJ. It helped him around a very tight Del Mar track. As I stated earlier, I KNOW I forgot someone and for that I apologize(if you know me at all, you shouldnt be surprised.) The weekend was FUN, RELAXFUL, w/ FANTASTIC weather and couldnt be beat for the commeraderie and family atmosphere. For all the moms and dads that are "on the fence" about getting involved in trophy kart racing, I for one HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. Again, THANK YOU TO ALL THAT WERE THERE! :)Despecially DAVE'S KART PARTS EMPORIUM:D) Our best wishes to all and hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Scott, Jennifer, & PJ

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
Great post and I'm glad you had fun!! Any pictures of the team hard at work or PJ racing?

07FJRog

Reaction
Glad you all had fun, isn't that what it is about, having fun with your kids and families?!:)

Rog

ProLite13

Reaction
Here's a few shots of our pits at Del Mar, a close up of the kart in our front yard and the guys at work this weekend. No action shots yet.
Scott it was good to see you out there last week in a different mindset you are always running around like a chicken with your head cut off, so it was good to see the other side of you.

P.S your son is a big kid and that kart hauls the mail with him in it. Keep it fun it gets out of hand quick.:D

DP:cool: