Here's a video
of the past Finke race
at australia

it's a nice video
Hope you Like it

Last edited by a moderator:

monstro

Reaction
Is this video from 2008? Looks like just before the finish line in Finke (day 1) and I know some of those cars didn't make it that far this year.

Last edited:

monstro

Reaction
There are "at least" 3 Porter C1's (Pro-Buggy) and 2 Gieser TT's, but Jimco definently is headding towards, if not has, the line share of fast cars in Oz. A guy from Sydney by the name of Gavin Mickel (Mikelfab) just made a world class trophy truck for Anthony Kuhn for under 200K aus, it is a beautiful truck and Anthony took 2nd place at Finke same weekend as this past B500. Shoutout to Beau Robinson (RDC resident) who got 3rd in Pro-Buggy, great Job dude. Expect to see some great video production by the Taylor boys in the near future. Mike and Pete's dad, Nev Taylor, had a good run at Finke too...in an ex-Wilson...Jimco.

nev taylor

Reaction
yes that clip was from 2008 finke if you go to www. offroadpromotions.com.au this site will keep you up to date down under

ozkingkong

Reaction
Hey Monstro aka Jim i asume. You nearlly got it right its Mick and Clayton (damn thick aussie accents huh) Was good to see you guys taking an interest in aussie off road. I dont think you would have been dissapointed. Keep in touch mate.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Awesome I love the turbo spooling sound:)

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I didn't see any little Australians on your video so this link will help get this thread back on topic.....

Last edited by a moderator:

kenaroo

Reaction
there are some really good ones of jason hill just flying off a jump at the Finke race.

this guy got some steel

[video=youtube;v-yIyybWiKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-yIyybWiKU[/video]

just insane

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
Those were some awesome videos! Is this a loop race or P2P? Mileage? Is there a website I can check out for the promoter?

I too would love to be able to see one of these races in person, very cool.

nev taylor

Reaction
its a point to point from alice springs to finke on the old ghan rail route about 130miles down camp overnight and the same back. the website for the race is finke desert race. alicesprings is outback australia and is in the northern territory.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Wow the guy on the bike 5th gear tapped was saweet!!!! If I come down to AUS can I stay at one of your guys house:)

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
its a point to point from alice springs to finke on the old ghan rail route about 130miles down camp overnight and the same back. the website for the race is finke desert race. alicesprings is outback australia and is in the northern territory.

Thanks for the information!

The website had some really cool information about the race and its history, sounds like a really cool event.

I was looking at the photos on the website and was wondering if anyone happened to have some photos of their own that they could post?