A little "bump" video from V2R

Wendell #527

Do you guys think I was patient enough before I bumped this guy? The siren was on the whole time---you don't hear the siren or horn because the mic is in the back of the car. We saw them looking at us, that's why we start waving a little while before we bump him. After I bumped him they waved, so we backed off and they did pull over but not real quick. It was just a little tap, it was not meant to hurt anything. What do you guys think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO-F3jVUqm0"]YouTube - Vegas To Reno 2009-Car #1824-nerf[/ame]

jo maoma

Heisenberg
well honestly it only really matters what you and he think but - that has got to be the
softest bump i've ever seen (that is if you bumped him at all) honestly if you hadn't said
you tapped him i wouldn't have known from the vid. as far as the horn, the mic is picking
up engine noise and every rattle and squeek so if it can pick up the sound of your horn
(no matter were it's mounted) i can't imagine the truck heard it. i say get your co-driver
a paint ball gun and have him unload on the guys in front next time...

...and make sure you provide video. :D

trent06

Mush
I thought you were patient enough and the bump wasnt hard so regardless of how patient or un patient you may have been since it was a soft tap the first time it shouldnt matter. To me it didnt really seem like they realized you were back their until the bump, and when you are on someones bumper like that you never want to lose the seperation or else it will be an uphill battle the whole time getting back to their bumper. I thought it was good clean racing all the way around and wasnt to soon at all. The truck had places to pull off so their should be no complaints....Just my thoughts...

Wendell #527

well honestly it only really matters what you and he think but - that has got to be the
softest bump i've ever seen (that is if you bumped him at all) honestly if you hadn't said
you tapped him i wouldn't have known from the vid. as far as the horn, the mic is picking
up engine noise and every rattle and squeek so if it can pick up the sound of your horn
(no matter were it's mounted) i can't imagine the truck heard it. i say get your co-driver
a paint ball gun and have him unload on the guys in front next time...

...and make sure you provide video. :D
Yea I bumped him at :50 seconds of the video. I tried to be careful.

Forty1Racing

That was the definition of a love tap. no harm no foul!

Vtr_Racing

You were very patient. If they knew you were back there, they had LOTS of room and opportunity to let you by. In their defense, they may have not have know you were back there. I dont know for sure....Good job on your part though.

DJ Jeffrey

I think that that was a really good tap, probably a little to sofy for a truck since they are so heavy. one word of advice, be careful nerfing trucks, especially the long travel ones in your buggy. The back ends tend to jump up and down alot and you can easily end up going under the truck when you were just going for a nerf which can do major damage to your smaller lighter buggy(i.e. Damage a shock tower, or just about any part of the front end) Just my two cents from lots of buggy expierience... Cya on the track!!

RBFJeep

Obviously your bump must be in question to post this, but you were very patient. There were 3 easy pull off for him in that minute. I agree that if your mic is picking up the rattles and not your horn, he didn't hear your horn. Still, they should have pulled over if they knew you were back there.

No harm, no foul.

Good camera location, love the dancing hula girl.

joe1369

Way patient, small bump, hope to get the same notice in our car, not the usual though. He did have several big chances to get over. Nice driving.:D

HSDMORGAN

You are to nice sir.LOL

dhjeepgeek

Actually I believe the siren is a 145dB siren . the cone on it points the sound in the direction it is pointed, like a water hose. the sound goes out the front of the buggy, I think you can here it. People who run ear plugs or ear plugs with transducer might have a harder time hearing it. The mic is back by the motor. So the motor sound good anyway.

Wendell #527

You guys all answered my question just the way I thought you would. Somebody thinks I didn't wait long enough, so thanks for backing me up. Here is a 12 second clip where I go by a pit and you can hear my siren. It is pretty loud, but still maybe the truck didn't hear it. Pretty cool rooster tail, too! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgWidl9T5Kw"]YouTube - Vegas 2 Reno 2009 #1824[/ame]

RocketMan

I think you were very patient! and your tap too light you have to think about the vehicle you drive and the one you will be taping. you are in a 2500lb buggy and hitting a 4000lb truck (little hammer/ big nail) hit harder and earlier next time you can always appoligize later ....

prerunner1499

You did not mention it but,,,,Next time turn on your lights up front, I dont know how many times I have passed or never had to bump someone due to me turning on those front lights. Mine are KC 50 watters up by the mirrors. Drivers and Co- dogs usually see them "IF" the yhave their mirrors adjusted right.
The Driver had a clear view out the back of the truck, with the lights on he or co dog may have noticed quicker.
Oh, on another note, Why wait so long,,,, just blow by them, nothing hurts more than gettin your doors blown off by a rig you did not even know was there.
Sam Berry did that to me one time,,,,, very humbling indeed. Also, in his Jimco one time he had his lights on and I noticed that before I heard his horn.
SO,,,, lights work wonders!