A Little help finding BIG RED. Please & Thank you.

Desert Son

Reaction
Yesterday, ( Nov 4th ) Big Red was taken from his rightful owner JT Holmes while preparing for the BAJA 1000. The message I received from JT yesterday was :

" Bad news, after a great ten day pre run trip of vigilance theft wise etc..... Dan and I headed for the boarder. We stopped at a mountain we commonly paraglide, locked the truck and headed up the mountain. Up top we saw a car arrive at the parking spot and stole Big Red with RZR on flatbed and all of our Stuff..... Laptops, passports, all of it."

For many of us, our trucks are more then just "Trucks", they're a part of us and BIG RED is no acceptation. Big Red knows the Deserts of Mexico, and the Tallest snow filled peaks of the western hemisphere. While down in Baja if you could keep a eye out for BIG RED it would be greatly appreciated.

:Truck and RZR in photos are what was stolen.

Attachments

Ilovebaja

Reaction
post on facebook on El Aficionado Responsable!! Viva La Baja!! one sentence and score international off road racing there is a fan base site and score site . Some have been lucky because of posting here and so many offroad fans means many eyes recovery has been possible. Hope you retrieve your vehicle

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Really hate to hear of this and I truly hope you get it back. But it would have been epic to watch it from paraglide and then steal it back. From the POS who took it

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

AZ7000'

Reaction
Where on the border? east or west?

Fesco

Reaction
We kept getting our work trucks stolen until we started installing Ravelco anti theft devices on them. We also put them on every one of our trucks that haul enclosed trailers after reading about so many of those thefts. Check out www.ravelco.com

johndjmix

Reaction
Agree with rancho. GPS satellite trackers on everything valued over 5k. Important that the trackers transmit data via sat and not cell since sat will get through anywhere. Also good for a backup to track race / chase trucks during a race!

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Mike321

Reaction
I hope you found it. If not I hope the bump in post will remind other teams to be in the look-out on the way back.

MasTacos

Reaction
We kept getting our work trucks stolen until we started installing Ravelco anti theft devices on them. We also put them on every one of our trucks that haul enclosed trailers after reading about so many of those thefts. Check out www.ravelco.com
I added a Ravelco to my F350 and am stoked about it, if the Ravelco key isn't in, that thing is a brick. The tech came to my work and installed it right there, super easy all around.