a little power whining

randy s

Reaction
after the results were posted in the new edition of dirtsports magazine i'm wondering why, after whipping up on everyone else driving ford rangers except dan chamlee's new truck on corrected time including the class 6 trucks why did'nt they print the sportsman results. it's not like they let us race for free. plus is the fact that we run on a chewed up course and that we had no penalties........whaaaaaaa..there. now i feel better.

Laurie

Reaction
I think that you are upset that they didn't post sportsman. Were they available yet when they went to print? I know they took the longest to be posted.

But I have no idea what you are saying about Dan. I'm just confused.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I'd have to agree with Randy on this, the Sportsman guys get very little love when it comes to the media. I've noticed in the programs that they don't even list multi winners like they do the pros. Peter Lang (Sportsman buggy driver) has won the Baja 1000 2, maybe 3 times but yet is not listed in "all time winners" in the program. I've sent e-mails but they go on deaf ears. And yes, the only reason I'm crying about it is because I race sportsman too :D. I do think it is deserved though, we spend our hard earned money to go racing like the rest of you, but we only get a trophy out of it.....But thats ok with me. See you in Baja

danzar

Reaction
I'd have to agree with Randy on this, the Sportsman guys get very little love when it comes to the media. I've noticed in the programs that they don't even list multi winners like they do the pros. Peter Lang (Sportsman buggy driver) has won the Baja 1000 2, maybe 3 times but yet is not listed in "all time winners" in the program. I've sent e-mails but they go on deaf ears. And yes, the only reason I'm crying about it is because I race sportsman too :D. I do think it is deserved though, we spend our hard earned money to go racing like the rest of you, but we only get a trophy out of it.....But thats ok with me. See you in Baja

have to agree, although we got 2nd in SCORE points in class 1 a few years ago and it didn't even cover our table at the awards, maybe the trophy isn't such a bad thing? They should post all results, sportsman is still racing.

Laurie

Reaction
I agree that they should post all results. I'm just not sure what he's saying about Dan.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I agree that they should post all results. I'm just not sure what he's saying about Dan.

I think it is because they were racing sportsman, started in the back, came through all the slower classes and beat all the other Mini trucks (pro classes) except Dans. Another words, a pretty good showing for a sportsman truck. Is that what you ment Randy?

Laurie

Reaction
Ok, I get it. Thanks for the explanation. Are we sure they had posted them before print? Some of them were really late.

randy s

Reaction
Ok, I get it. Thanks for the explanation. Are we sure they had posted them before print? Some of them were really late.
i have nothing but the highest regard for dan and his accomplishments. i'm sorry if you thought i meant any disrespect. far from it. he sets the present standard by which all the rest of us are judged. and you folks built an obvious killer truck and won out of the box. what's not to like? good luck down the road.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
i think he saying that dan was the only pro that had a faster time than him.:)

I think he was saying that the Chamlee RANGER was the only Ranger that whooped the 1549 Sportsman Ranger that is Randy's.

Other than that...I really have no idea what Randy sez:rolleyes:;):D