A little TORC --> Perris info

Pro-Lite Brian

Just thought I would post a little info up here since I know it's not readily available anywhere else.

Date: Friday and Saturday nights Sept 25-26, 2009. You can even load in on Friday morning.

Cost is $300, the same as we all pay for LOORS events.

The Modified karts will be racing just prior to the Pro-Light races @ 8:20. Looks like it will be a 12 lap main event each night with a practice session each afternoon too. The practice time for all classes is between 1:00 and 3:30 I believe. They run the classes in the same order they will race during the night's main events. That will put the Modified karts somewhere between 2:30 and 3:00 I would guess. TORC uses the lap times from practice to set the grid. They run both 250's and 450's on the track at the same time, but score them as seperate races. Last TORC event at Perris, I believe Mitchell DeJong won the 450 class both days, and Mitch Guthrie Jr. won the 250 class both days. Along with the trophies, TORC and TRAXXAS awarded the podium finishers in each class (250 and 450) a TRAXXAS Slash Ready to Run R/C truck. The kids got to pick which body/ paint job they wanted. Driver's meeting for ALL driver's, including the kids, is at 12:00 or 12:30 (can't remember exactly off the top of my head, sorry).

It's a fun event, way laid back compared to what we are used to at the LOORS events. Our 450 kart will be there with a new driver to the class! Now that Zac Hunt has a win under his belt will he be the kid to beat at the TORC Perris race?

Brent will be racing our Pro-Light, I believe making him the youngest "Pro" racing TORC (or LOORS, or CORR for that matter)... He's hoping to show the other kids that the Modified Karts ARE a good stepping stone into a Pro-Light!!!

Anyhow, we're looking forward to the biggest Pro-Light field of the year! Also can't wait to see all the kids in Mod karts tear it up out there!

CREW CHIEF_507

i second that, we had a blast last time looking forward to racing the event under the lights. who else is coming out?

joecfd1

Brian-

Did TORC ever publish a Kart rule book? From what I understand, there was basically no rule enforcement at the first race. One kart in particular was waaay faster that the rest?? TORC originally was going to use the same rule format as LOORS. Hopefully, people won't take advantage of the lack of enforcement (alt. fuels, hot rod motors, etc).

Joe

Pro-Lite Brian

Joe,

That was when that same kart was fast lap at other races too. Now that the rest of the pack put there nose to the grindstone and caught up, it'll be very competetive! They are indeed following the same rulebook as LOORS and M4SX. I wish the other classes shared a common rulebook with LOORS...

They might be removing carbs/ throttlebodies to look for porting... It's easy to have everyone remove the valvecovers too...

Last time they didn't check fuel, not sure if it really matters much though! Maybe 1.5-2hp... with MR11 or U4.2? That's not going to win a race for anyone.

Brian

Pro-Lite Brian

Where is the entry list for all classes
This is short-course, nobody posts entry lists...

You can expect to see:

Johnny Greaves
Kyle LeDuc
Rick Huseman
Curt LeDuc
Scott Douglas
Steve Barlow
Ricky Johnson
Rob MacCachren
Jeremy McGrath
Scott Taylor
Dan VandenHeuval
Todd LeDuc
Jeff Kincaid
Chad Hord
Marty Hart
Chris Brandt
Jeff Huseman

and many more

etc.................

Last edited:

joecfd1

Joe,

That was when that same kart was fast lap at other races too. Now that the rest of the pack put there nose to the grindstone and caught up, it'll be very competetive! They are indeed following the same rulebook as LOORS and M4SX. I wish the other classes shared a common rulebook with LOORS...

They might be removing carbs/ throttlebodies to look for porting... It's easy to have everyone remove the valvecovers too...

Last time they didn't check fuel, not sure if it really matters much though! Maybe 1.5-2hp... with MR11 or U4.2? That's not going to win a race for anyone.

Brian
I'm all for pulling carbs/throttle bodies and valve covers. I think fuel would be a good idea as well.

baja619

Yeah that is right, I knew.

I was just hoping to know if any other racers from other series were planning on throwing their hat in the basket.