A new idea to get back into the stadiums.

PLcrew

What about running the pro-lites,superlites, buggies,etc,etc. in the smaller stadiums like the Raleys field in Sacramento? Can Lucas or traxxis fit a track in one of the smaller stadiums. There is one of these triple A ball parks in every city and there located downtown with easy access for the masses. Seating capacity is probably around 7-9K. What do you think?

450grl

Cardinals Stadium in Phoenix (Glendale, technically) would be perfect - it's a football stadium with a removable floor - would have plenty of room for a track! :)

Nash!

I don't know about the smaller venues part of it but if you look at the Pro-light fields in either of the big two series, there is no reason that this cannot be done on a grand scale if executed correctly. They have full fields and some would say the best racing out there. The PACE series in the late nineties is proof of that. I attended the Minneapolis round and remember Johnny Greaves, Jason Crowder, Lee O’Donnell and others having a blast in that Mickey Thompson like track. Great racing, great times.

Unfortunately I think a round in Texas was cancelled and in 2000 the wheels came off the series. (I don't really remember why, maybe someone else does?) Perhaps it was too ambitious at the beginning. All we need is someone with a clear vision, a well thought out business plan and the right partnerships with the right companies. Can you say...LOORRS Stadium Series?? or TORC Winter Series??

1999 Schedule:

Round 1, St. Louis, MO - Trans World Dome

Round 2, Houston, TX - The Astro Dome

Round 3, Minneapolis, MN - Hubert Humphrey Dome

Round 4, Anaheim, CA - Edison Field

Round 5, Phoenix, AZ - Bank One Ballpark

Round 6, San Diego, CA - QualComm Stadium

Round 7, El Paso, TX - UTEP Sunbowl Stadium

Round 8, Dallas, TX - Texas Stadium

Round 9, Pontiac, MI - Pontiac Silverdome

Round 10, Vancouver, BC - BC Place

Round 11, Seattle, WA - The King Dome

PLcrew

The reason why I think the smaller venue would work is that the ball field is about the size of a mager league field but with a lot less cost to use the venue. When a series can consistently sell out these smaller venue, then move up to the full size staduim.

ProLite13

Calling NORRS to the plate this is for real this is what the fans want, lets see the shocker of "2009" put together this smaller stadium venue and show everyone you guys are for real.:D

You have the TV package right???

You will see the turnout you wish to see if you can pull this off. And if so you will be on your way to the top imagine that the top (get your feet wet Arena Cross style and if you are successful there turn it up a notch.)

Leave the BIG trucks to the outdoor style venues and move on. Some day the Big truck classes will be in the same place the two stroke 500 class is today in Supercross just not necessary. Especially at the indoor Stadium Style venues. In the outdoor venues let em rip.

Think about it the entire show would only lose about (27-30) race vehicles total and then probably would gain that back and then some as time went on, so in the end you would lose nothing and most likely gain entries, with proper management its a no brainer.

I love the Big trucks don't get me wrong and would like them even more if I could step foot into one someday but in some ways I think trying to build these venues around these trucks is holding all the other classes back IMHO.

The tracks of today are almost non conducive to the ProLite trucks and others under the Pro2 And Pro4 level its obvious what these tracks are designed for and I say let them have it . I know there a lot of race fans out there that enjoy seeing these other classes nose bonk each whoop in the section or not quite clear the big tables, step ups and so forth creating a dangerous lap everytime around and being on the brink of disaster the entire race. To each their own I guess.:rolleyes: The racing could be even that much better than it already is.

Just think of how much more you would like it if there was a track built to accommodate the smaller trucks and classes where the drivers skills and equipment could be showcased properly. What good is a rhythm section if its impossible to get into and through properly? What good is a nose bonking a step up into a 180 degree bowling left if you are still rolling on your nose end entering the corner? What good is the big table if you are clipping your rear end everytime over it and bouncing down the backside on the front tires only? Answer is no good these tracks are not allowing these classes and drivers skills to be properly displayed.

There is a need for this type of venue to be created or re-created how ever you want to look at it to properly showcase these classes. Tighten it up a bit and design the tracks allowing timing and judgment to become major factors in each race outcome. The drivers want to showcase their skills and technical abilities and should be afforded the opportunity to do so, it would change the face of what we are seeing out there today for sure.

DP:cool:

Last edited:

LORENZ

CallingThere is a need for this type of venue to be created or re-created how ever you want to look at it to properly showcase these classes. Tighten it up a bit and design the tracks allowing timing and judgment to become major factors in each race outcome. The drivers want to showcase their skills and technical abilities and should be afforded the opportunity to do so, it would change the face of what we are seeing out there today for sure.

Makes you wanna go Hmmmmm.

You PL guys can come play on the new SxS track at LOORRS if you ask nicely. Even the girls want to go big over in UTV land.;) New technical, smaller tracks, are the wave of the future.

PLcrew

I was thinking a little smaller to start out and then grow into the BIG SHOW! Just some stats on Raley Field here in Sacramento the seating is 11093 permanent seats(including sky boxes) and if they sell seating on the grass berm it can hold 14111.
What I think stands out about this venue is the location is down town w/ mass transit to the park. Also that you don't have to sell 30,000 seats to break even, if you go with a full size stadium.

Pro-Lite Brian

I was thinking a little smaller to start out and then grow into the BIG SHOW! Just some stats on Raley Field here in Sacramento the seating is 11093 permanent seats(including sky boxes) and if they sell seating on the grass berm it can hold 14111.
What I think stands out about this venue is the location is down town w/ mass transit to the park. Also that you don't have to sell 30,000 seats to break even, if you go with a full size stadium.
The stadium rental isn't the biggest cost of putting on the event. Bringing in the dirt and removing it after the race is over is going to cost as much as renting the venue... I guess it really comes down to how the bills are being paid. If sponsorship money was covering expenses, it could be better to fill a smaller joint than to have a 1/4 MLB ballpark.

We would be all over a real Stadium Truck race!!! There are lots of MLB stadiums that are idle during the winter/ early spring, and NFL stadiums that are idle during the late spring/ and summer...

ProLite13

The stadium rental isn't the biggest cost of putting on the event. Bringing in the dirt and removing it after the race is over is going to cost as much as renting the venue... I guess it really comes down to how the bills are being paid. If sponsorship money was covering expenses, it could be better to fill a smaller joint than to have a 1/4 MLB ballpark.

We would be all over a real Stadium Truck race!!! There are lots of MLB stadiums that are idle during the winter/ early spring, and NFL stadiums that are idle during the late spring/ and summer...

What about following the Monster Truck venues where the dirt has already been brought in or Supercross? Help the existing cause split expenses etc,etc.

Smaller scale but when we were at Del Mar a couple weeks back they literally changed the Tuff Truck course into a Monster truck course as we were loading the truck right before our eyes as the Tuff trucks were pulling out Jimmy Creatons semi with two Monster Trucks in it was pulling in.

Everybody would be all over a real Stadium Truck race no doubt about it.:D

D.L.C.

they are bringing in a buch of dirt to the cardnals stadium in the next few week for the monster jam.
there was a tough truck event in there 2 years ago too.

oh man this would be so bad ass!

Pro-Lite Brian

What about following the Monster Truck venues where the dirt has already been brought in or Supercross? Help the existing cause split expenses etc,etc.

Smaller scale but when we were at Del Mar a couple weeks back they literally changed the Tuff Truck course into a Monster truck course as we were loading the truck right before our eyes as the Tuff trucks were pulling out Jimmy Creatons semi with two Monster Trucks in it was pulling in.

Everybody would be all over a real Stadium Truck race no doubt about it.:D

If you could piggyback on another event, you would be money ahead for sure! Not sure where Feld keeps all the dirt they use, but I know Mickey Thompson used to store it, and re-use it the next year, and the next, and ...

ProLite13

Bobby Brown,

Good now just get rid of all that crap in the middle and create some more turns left and right some doubles or quads maybe a rhythm section or two a step on step off jump make the course a test of skills where timing and judgment are major factors in the race.

The more technical the better IMO. A single jump with 2 left hand sweepers is not going to work.

The racers want technical racing venues that showcase their equipment, skills and abilities to the fullest.

Speaking of crap in the middle, what if the short course event preceded the Monster truck event by a week? Separate crowd and fan base from one to the other and who knows we might be able to draw from one to the other the dirt will be there already for the Monster jam event just rearange things and bring in the crap to smash.:eek:

The Stadium is there look at the size of the crowd what an opportunity for a high caliber show just add a real course and its a winner.:D

Jvillemure

These arent the greatest videos, but stadium racing is still happening!!! Somebody needs to find out how these guys got attached to the Supercross...

[video=youtube;zGi16evKELw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGi16evKELw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;mpHReHoJe_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpHReHoJe_o[/video]

I see some familiar buggies in there! I am going to have to see if I can make it there this year :D