A person message and invitation from Baja United

ffdfrontman

Reaction
So, basically want people to fund your business for a discount code? 500 investment gets 5% off retail and so forth. Great pitch, great mission to a fault of exploit Mexican wines and people of Baja to fund your business in return you give back to orphanages while adding a middle man (you) to a business model that already sells itself (without you). How much back to the orphanages? You should state that because I'm not investing in a business that won't list that but is the primary sales pitch. I have seen this before and then it turns out to be nothing or a decimal of a percent goes back.

Sorry to bust your balls on this, I'm ready to invest just don't feel you've given me any objective ROI, or tangible giving goals for the orphanages. I wish you luck, and hope you can remodel your business plan to be more formidable to an investor. Consider less play on emotions. Currently as written all I read is "invest in me, be in an exclusive (club) opportunity to make me rich, and in turn here's a discount on retail of wines you can buy cheaper direct or in store, and I'll give back to orphanages after I make 11m."

I'm an executive for a fortune 100 company serving as President of Products and Technology with span of control over 37000 employees and a revenue margin of 50billion USD. I hold a JD in international law, eMBA, and BS mechanical engineering. I take personal interest in your opportunity not only to invest but I also contribute over 25k and countless hours of service a year personally to Baja orphanages (without investors). I'd be happy to provide my credentials in PM if someone wants to question them.

Last edited:

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
So, basically want people to fund your business for a discount code? 500 investment gets 5% off retail and so forth. Great pitch, great mission to a fault of exploit Mexican wines and people of Baja to fund your business in return you give back to orphanages while adding a middle man (you) to a business model that already sells itself (without you). How much back to the orphanages? You should state that because I'm not investing in a business that won't list that but is the primary sales pitch. I have seen this before and then it turns out to be nothing or a decimal of a percent goes back.

Sorry to bust your balls on this, I'm ready to invest just don't feel you've given me any objective ROI, or tangible giving goals for the orphanages. I wish you luck, and hope you can remodel your business plan to be more formidable to an investor. Consider less play on emotions. Currently as written all I read is "invest in me, be in an exclusive (club) opportunity to make me rich, and in turn here's a discount on retail of wines you can buy cheaper direct or in store, and I'll give back to orphanages after I make 11m."

I'm an executive for a fortune 100 company serving as President of Products and Technology with span of control over 37000 employees and a revenue margin of 50billion USD. I hold a JD in international law, eMBA, and BS mechanical engineering. I take personal interest in your opportunity not only to invest but I also contribute over 25k and countless hours of service a year personally to Baja orphanages (without investors). I'd be happy to provide my credentials in PM if someone wants to question them.
i LIKE the way you are thinking, as i dont like the "charity" scam as i here it WAY too often, BUT, i already asked the same question on another media and was told that 8% of the NET SALES goes directly to the orphanages, NOT a portion of the "profit"....8% of total sales is a TON of money, if they get this thing rolling.......i ASSURED eric that i would be watching his financials, as my wife is a CPA, to make sure they do what they are claiming.....and he encouraged it....i know that will be years down the road, so we will have to wait and see........and no, haha, i wont be investing.....i do my own thing to try and help the orphanages in baja, and that costs me plenty already......this could work....and yes i too (reading between your lines) would like to see EXACTLY what the 3 founders have invested, just curious....

vegasloki

Reaction
The company you would invest in pays 8% off the top to the company that owns the rights to the name. Which just happens to be owned by the founders of this offering. Plus they've loaned the company being offered $15k at 5%. The principals, some with significant liquor industry experience aren't under non-competes and are working on other deals as the holder of the brand that will compete with this deal. They may need to devalue your shares in later rounds of funding which is pretty much guaranteed when they take on private equity. The principals have paid for some things out of pocket and will want to be reimbursed off the top. I didn't find anything in the docs about what the charitable contribution to the Baja orphanages might be.

They don't have any US distribution now but have "interest". They don't have any firm deals with the Baja based wineries at this point. What the investment is going to pay is for these guys to get this thing off the ground. Perhaps pay them, pay the expenses. While they are working on a venture that will likely compete with this one (of which they own 100%). Once this gets some legs there will be other rounds from heavier hitters and your shares could (probably almost certainly will) devalue. If this part of the business doesn't go belly up before then while they're working on the other deal.

Pete, you can read the nuts and bolts at...

https://d19j0qt0x55bap.cloudfront.n...ts/offering_details/Baja_Offering_Doc__1_.pdf

EDGAR Filing Documents for 0001665160-17-000269

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
I'm in if you can import pyrotechnics from BAJA to the USA legally.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
BE WARY....jim riley just called me and is mad at me because of what i posted.......hhhhmmmmmmmm......now its their "intention" to give 8% to the orphanages......TOTALLY slippery......i would think twice before donating/investing.....just my two cents......and read my post and tell me why it would infuriate them....i dont get it.....

BlueCrace

Reaction
Hi All -

After six months of grinding away I am proud to announce that my new company Baja United Imports, Inc. is putting out a public offering today. You may have seen through my Social Media posts that I am one of four Founders with Jim Riley (Ketel One, Azunia Tequila) and Steve Jugan (Monster Energy and Pabst Blue Ribbon) and my long time Blue C business partner and creative genius, Jeff Bentley. “A Business with a Purpose” is our tag line and foundation for success because of our commitment to import and sell beer and wine, while donating a percentage of the profit back to local orphanages in Baja. It has all been very exciting and a new direction for me and my family.

This is just a heads up that the offering is now LIVE! I would love for you and a few other “like-minded” friends to get involved in its initial stages. I have had a ton of interest from family, extended family and friends, additionally; we have some very exciting recent developments to share soon regarding Baja United Group on our campaign page.

Get involved now, and get some early bragging rights…

It takes a couple minutes to sign up but then your good to go.

Thanks in advance for your support and anything that you can do to become involved.

I am asking my friends to consider an entry investment of $1000 or more although the opening round will be a min. of $500. Please view the offering here: Baja United Group | StartEngine

The details of the business and the investment will be available on the website that will answer any questions you might have. If you have any questions when viewing the offering, please post them as a “comment” on the campaign page so I can answer for anyone to see.

I am also willing to come and do a wine tasting for 10 or more people, for those that want to make my requested commitment.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will consider this.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Look up baja orphanages. On google if you need too. Very simple and done. There is a list of what is needed and how to donate. Some even have a USA tax number for your own taxes. You can help in so many ways. We are doing our own as a group of friends and just help out. Don't need percentages of profits. Just look and you can help. My two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

JDDurfey

Reaction
I don't have time to read all the info they have posted on their website. But from what I gather from RDC is that if I donate/invest I only get a "discount code" That is a rip! If I am going to donate my hard earned money that I worked my azz off for that would be better put to use in my own house, I had better own a piece of the company. If the company fails, then I loose out, but if it succeeds I will get a whole bunch more back than a measly 5% discount. Texas law doesn't even allow me to have wine shipped straight to my house anyway so I wouldn't do me much good to do business with this company either.

I am not a college educated business man, but I have owned and managed a couple along the way. I never asked for anyone to invest in anything unless there was a tangible investment with a guaranteed return. Maybe I am crazy, but I won't be investing or donating to a "pie in the sky" for a possible 8% of sales to go to orphanages. I would rather give my money to Pete or PAB and let them invest it in Baja wisely.