A tid bit for you mx heads........

Clifford

Reaction
This was posted in today's edition of the Orange County Registers' Sports page.

Motocross lovers find a ride

August 30, 2001

By DAVE STREGE
The Orange County Register

Woody's Cove at Irvine Lake underwent a face-lift recently and the motocross community is spinning its wheels with enthusiasm.

Orange County is about to gain an off-road motorcycle park for the first time since the old Saddleback Park off Santiago Canyon Road closed in 1984.

Saddleback Motorsports Park is to begin operations next week with a regular schedule of Tuesdays (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and Thursdays (3 to 10 p.m.).

The lake is closed to fishing on Tuesdays, and the closing time, when it is open, is usually 4 p.m. so there is barely an overlap.

However, anglers might notice the revving of motors this weekend. A special opening event is scheduled for Saturday through Monday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. if the proper insurance is finalized in time.

"The worst time of the year for us is August, September and October because it's so hot during the day," Irvine Lake general manager Dave Noyes said. "We're looking for something to make up that revenue during the summer."

Earthmoving began in the west cove nearly two weeks ago. Saddleback Motorsports Park intends to offer main, veteran and pee wee tracks.

Admission will be $20 for over 65cc riders and $10 for 65cc-and-under riders. Spectators admission is free. For more details, visit www.saddlebackmx.com</A> or call (949) 786-6269.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I was just their yesterday! Very cool track and right in my back yard. That place will be a Zoo this weekend.

<font color=red>Rally Expert<font color=red>

Eric

Reaction
I wonder if in time that we are going to get signature tracks - Like golf does. I can see the Billboard now for McGrath's track '3 tracks of grueling doubles and triples that will test your every skill - No KX's or Honda's allowed' or the Pastrana track - 'Get a free signed Poster with every concussion..'

All joking aside, it is great to see tracks being built. Especially with the loss of so many desert riding areas. I hope that they can continue to grow this and succeed in this venture...

Eric
-------------------
Z-YA Racing
www.z-yaracing.com</A>