A trailer to tow a Ford Ranger

Wadsworth Motorsports

Reaction
I have a pre runner ford ranger and am interested in buying a toy hauler. I would like to get the truck to the dez without having to take two vehicles. The truck weighs 4400 lbs and is 87 inches wide in the front. Is there a toy hauler that can fit the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions? HELP!!

Thanks

Cronus

Reaction
I don't think you'll be able to find a toy hauler which will fit something 87 inches wide. A wide body trailer is 102 inches wide, and you'll lose a minimum of 20 inches due to the wall thickness and folded up couch/dinette (in our toy hauler we lose 26 inches). So you're looking at around 82 inches of usable width, and that's an absolute best case.

There are, of course, fifth wheel toy haulers with enclosed garages (hence there's no couch/dinette in the way), but I've never heard of a fifth wheel toy hauler with an enclosed garage longer than 12 feet. And even if you found a fifth wheel with a long enough enclosed garage, I doubt that it would handle 4400 pounds of payload. Fifth wheels are so big to begin with that they tend to have surprisingly small payloads. Also, your usable payload is reduced once you add a thousand pounds of water and several hundred pounds of fuel, tools, spares, food, etc.

I think your best option would be to buy a camper for your tow vehicle and a plain old trailer for the Ranger.

randy s

Reaction
if you put on little skinny tires and take the fiberglass off to haul it it might work.

Shred918

Reaction
I don't think you'll be able to find a toy hauler which will fit something 87 inches wide. A wide body trailer is 102 inches wide, and you'll lose a minimum of 20 inches due to the wall thickness and folded up couch/dinette (in our toy hauler we lose 26 inches). So you're looking at around 82 inches of usable width, and that's an absolute best case.

There are, of course, fifth wheel toy haulers with enclosed garages (hence there's no couch/dinette in the way), but I've never heard of a fifth wheel toy hauler with an enclosed garage longer than 12 feet. And even if you found a fifth wheel with a long enough enclosed garage, I doubt that it would handle 4400 pounds of payload. Fifth wheels are so big to begin with that they tend to have surprisingly small payloads. Also, your usable payload is reduced once you add a thousand pounds of water and several hundred pounds of fuel, tools, spares, food, etc.

I think your best option would be to buy a camper for your tow vehicle and a plain old trailer for the Ranger.
They are out there!

http://www.dealsonwheels.com/detail/_LIVING_QUARTER_RACE_TRAILER_VINTAGE_OUTLAW_50_SLIDE_OUT/00678121E03.aspx

BFD RACING

Reaction
my forrest river seira sport 32 foot tag fits my trophylite no problem with room to spare I might sell it

Cronus

Reaction
Wow! That 50 footer is really something. And surprisingly cheap, too (I found two of them for sale for around $40k).

Is the 32 foot Sierra Sport an F32SP? If so I don't see how it could fit an 87 inch wide truck since there is a fold-up couch on each side. Trophylites are only 72 inches wide (at the wheels, anyway), right?

07FJRog

Reaction
I have a pre runner ford ranger and am interested in buying a toy hauler. I would like to get the truck to the dez without having to take two vehicles. The truck weighs 4400 lbs and is 87 inches wide in the front. Is there a toy hauler that can fit the truck. Does anyone have any suggestions? HELP!!

Thanks
you can find them, but may have to order some things deleted or mounted differently.

removable couch/dinette that clips in along with table helps alot, even wheel well delete available, just have to talk to the mfrs.

Ahles

Reaction
I have a Skyline 38' Rampage that I haul my 7s truck in. No couch on the side have bay window with chairs more comfort. Don't forget about the lenght. My truck is 17.5 feet long. Would not fit in the 32' models unless you take the stove out. I picked Skyline because they are very heavy duty at 15,000 GVW!

Dave
Makena Motorsports