• Forum membership has its advantages....

A Trophy Truck / Stadium Truck hybrid for the short desert courses?

51rcr

iam sure if you search eco boost theres info. I remember Pistol was using them and he said he was tired of breaking and being the R&D.

michael.gonzalez

But what about this from 8-9 years ago?

I think we will see them more and more as they begin to be proven more and more.

51rcr

well Pistol quit using them so that says a lot to me. Not sure if they were stock or pumped up. stock i would think they be fine. I dont remember what all the problems were other then they were breaking for him.

51rcr

my trucks for 6100, ls3 in the geiger (lol) for 6100 customers to rent ....tt trans for sale with the underdrive, and converter complete $10k, all ecoboost stuff for sale as well, CHEAP, ...it seems "TUNING" was our issue with the ecoboost, but im not doing any more "TESTING" for ford....haha

found it. also was a post about 3 of the last 4 failing.

Bro_Gill

I have driven several ecoboost trucks off road for work and they seemed to heat up quite a bit when climbing hills. Trans temp seemed to be an issue as well.

MTPyle

in Stock form I am sure the Eco boost are fine and would live. But when pushed hard they are not as reliable. I am sure you can build a full race Eco boost that will do fine but we were talking about taking a stock engine and trying to get more power out of it. Everyone we talked to agreed it was not worth the risk of pushing it in the heat of the desert at full power.

I love the Eco Boost and if you have ever driven a Whipple Superchargers Eco boost kit you would be blown away. they are amazing on the street. For $2100 you get 90hp and 130 lbs of TQ added to an already powerful engine package. It's almost free power. After driving the Whipple Eco boost that's when we decided we wanted to put it in the race truck. Just didn't work out in the end for us but that does not mean its not bad a$$ for the street. I wish our pre runner Raptor was Eco Boost.

Mike