ABC News

frankh

ABC Weekend news just had a story about the re-opening of glamis. They made it sound like we are destroying the place. Log on to there site an tell them what you think. I just did

Paige

Frank - here is relation to your post...

IMPORTANT CALL FOR ACTION!!

On the Saturday evening ABC World News commentator Bill Redecker did a scathing hit piece on off-road recreation based on events at Glamis (ISDRA).

He called Glamis the most dangerous, illegal, out-of-control place in the world. He said the lawlessness is out of control and talked about thousands of arrests and people being killed and run over all of the time.

He showed a quad running through a fire with the rider catching on fire and talked like this is the normal kind of thing at Glamis.

He showed Daniel Patterson on his knee beside a poor milk vetch plant. He showed a beautiful field of yellow flowers in bloom (not in the dunes, of course). He let Patterson tell how off-roaders are totally destroying this wonderful, unique ecological treasure.

He made it clear that Glamis is not safe for decent families to visit.

If this kind of reporting upsets you, please email your comments to ABC News Chairman David Westin at David.L.Westin@ABC.com

Send this message to every off-roader you know. We need to overload him with email.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

Paige

You got it - working on mine right now =-)

Rodney

I just sent Westin my opinion of his piece. I was nice about it and even invited him or any ABC news rep to come to glamis with me to see how the majority of us enjoy the desert. Apparently,
the greens have a good connection at ABC because they have been after the snow mobilers in yellowstone.

Winning IS everything

FABRICATOR

Sent him my 2 cents!
Thanks Frank for bringing it up, and Paige for pointing us in the right direction.

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
I guess it is time for me to put up some video I have of Glamis. It proves that even in masses we are not a bunch of out of control idiots. I was at the sand drags @ Gecko a few days before New Years. I didn't get the guy crashing on his quad/3-wheeler (I forget which) in the middle of the drags but what I did get was peolpe running out to help him and everyone stoping on the jump entering the drags. The place all but stop until he was back on and riding away.. I will get it up for everyone to see sometime this week.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

JCA

sent

I am offended that your report on the Glamis Dunes was so one sided and inaccurate. I am now in the belief that ABC news makes the News what they want. ABC is obviously not intrested in facts or accurate reporting. I now know that I can not trust ABC News for the real News only fairytail stories

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

JCA

Hmmmmm still no reply and I was thinking I would get one back? (ya right) Anyone heard anything?

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Ryno

Paige-

I sent your post to about 200 of my friends. All of them and their better halves sent Mr. Westin email regarding this great injustice. We all asked him how such a one sided news report could go through without being checked for facts and/ or editing. We also asked for an apology for making the rest of the nation think we are a bunch of ruthless animals. Thanks for the email address!!

YOU ROCK!

Ryno

PS-No offense Kreg! =)

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Paige

That is great - great job!! CLORV just sent out an action alert with a bunch of stuff to do and they included that action alert as well - they even used my e-mail to Mr. Westin as an example =-) Hopefully Mr. Westin will get the point! I think it's good that we stay on top of these one-sided stories and demand fairness in reporting of news stories.

choppekx

Sent mine.

Here is an idea that I don't know will work or how hard it will be, but cantact the advertisers of ABC news programs and let them know, and maybe try to avoid there products. WIthout the advertisers the networks cannot survive.

Chris