Adding electronics to a quad, need help/advice

D4D

Reaction
I just picked up a 2006 Suzuki Quadracer R450 for a great price, my thought is to run a local endurance series with it just for fun. This is the first time I have thoughts about adding electronics to a bike of any sort. My question is this;
If I add a Lowrance Baja540 and a pair of HIDs what do I have to do to the quads stock electrical system to keep up?

elmo450x

Reaction
give baja designs a shout, their website says you dont need to modify the electrical system for (2) 4" fuegos, but I dont know how the load is affected when adding the GPS to the equation...

http://www.bajadesigns.com/

D4D

Reaction
Yep they are my first and only choice for lights! Thanks

Bajades

Reaction
I just picked up a 2006 Suzuki Quadracer R450 for a great price, my thought is to run a local endurance series with it just for fun. This is the first time I have thoughts about adding electronics to a bike of any sort. My question is this;
If I add a Lowrance Baja540 and a pair of HIDs what do I have to do to the quads stock electrical system to keep up?
The Quadracer R450 will easily support twin HID lights. The Lowrance GPS draws very little power (about 10 watts with the backlight on) and will work fine with dual HID lights on the Suzuki.

wrightracing.net

Reaction
I second that on the power. The newer 4 stroke quads with electric start tend to have good charging systems. I have a TRX450ER and I put two hella 4000"s that I converted to HID and I put a water proof 12volt accesory plug from a farm quad on it to plug in my Lowrance XOG GPS. It all has worked perfect for the last year. By doing the conversion of the HID's myself it cost me $140 per light and they are great. I ran the same HID setup on my Bronco for 5 years with out a problem. Last year I started using the new slim line digital balist's from Xentec and they work great. I plan to make 6 more HID converted Hella 4000's for my Bronco this year.

shrek

Reaction
I have a 540C Baja on my DS650 and it works great.........no problem with the electrical..........

Shrek