• Forum membership has its advantages....

Address, links, or phone Numbers

sirhk100

I recently posted asking for a list of companies in the San Diego/Orange County area and recieved a ton. I'm going to be sending out resumes to various companies that I'd be interested in working for. I had good luck finding contact info on all but 4 of them. Could you guys maybe either post a web address, physical address, or phone # for the following places?
Thanks

FMF (motorcycle Exhaust)

Race Design,

Spirit,

Race Ready Products,

Bug Pack

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

Eric_Record

Kris, here is a list of what I had at hand. hope it helps.

http://www.spiritracing.com/
Spirit Racing
15855 Dell View Road
El Cajon, California 92021
(619) 561-2913 - Voice
(619) 204-3348 - Fax

http://www.go-desert.com

sirhk100

Exactly th einfo I was looking for!!! I'm making resumes and cover letters to send out to all of the manufacturers. Any info on the other two would be greatly appreciated. I searched but couldn't find them which seems really odd since their web pages were basically their name. I could have sworn that I tried those!!!

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart

Rory

Crayola Killer
Khris,
Try "Got Sand?" in El Cajon. He own's the t-shirt company, but what a lot of people don't know is he was the lead fabricator on Roger Mears TT back in the day (and his class 7 unlimited). He builds some pretty trick stuff, and ask Eric Record, his Fabrication is one of the best we've ever seen. I know he needs help but he's also looking for experience. I think if you were willing to learn and didn't mind doing grunt work for a while, he would consider it. his address is 380 Vernon Way suite E (same street as Chenowth). His web site is www.gotsand.com</A>

Racers Only

sirhk100

Thanks for the inside info!! What's the owners name? Or is it the Eric guy you mentioned in the body of your post? I'll definately check into it!! I'm definately not afraid of grunt work. I would love for my name to get out and kinda known in like 5-10 years. Hopefully there is still a desert for people to use and a market to sell to!!

Could anyone give me a ballpark figure for the average income of a good experienced fabricator if there is such a number?

For instance, right now I'm making about $40k/year. If I had a couple years of experience and good skills could I expect to make more, the same, or less then that from a small fabrication shop?

Khris

'99YZ400,
lifted golf cart <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sirhk100 on 10/22/01 04:38 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Rory

Crayola Killer
Kris, his name is Pete Corwin. I can tell you a good fab shop charges around $55-$75 bucks an hour.

Racers Only