• Forum membership has its advantages....

Adidas Fire Suits or other recommendation?

LAPoliceGear.com

I was checking into new fire suits and came across the Adidas Fire Suits. It is only FIA rated.

Has anyone used this suit and if yes what you think?

Will BITD, MORE, SNORE race bodies accept a FIA safety rating?

Adidas Motorsport

Climacool Race Suit – Blue/White - adidas

And if you love some other brand of fire suit please chime in. I need a new one. I currently use some minimal 1 layer thing that doesn't fit so well.

Anyone using a multi layer suit or are they too hot for desert racing?

Sean

I've found that the whole Adidas product line is quality, and I'd put in on par with the premium products from Mastercraft, Sparco, Oakley etc. Also, Stand21 is also a good option, but those suits can get pretty spendy once you start building the suit how you want it.

In my experience with a couple different racing disciplines, I think it's safe to say that suits are a "get what you paid for" situation.

LantanaTX

I shopped for a new suit last year and was impressed with Impact, and True Honor for the price. I ended up finding a Sabelt (made in Italy) triple layer suit for an amazing price on eBay. You can't beat Italian Nomex. It you research the FIA specs, you will find it surpasses SFI. With triple layer you don't need Nomex underwear. My suit is also super light and kept me very cool. Might want to search Sabelt on eBay or On European eBay sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I was checking into new fire suits and came across the Adidas Fire Suits. It is only FIA rated.

Has anyone used this suit and if yes what you think?

Will BITD, MORE, SNORE race bodies accept a FIA safety rating?

Adidas Motorsport

Climacool Race Suit – Blue/White - adidas

And if you love some other brand of fire suit please chime in. I need a new one. I currently use some minimal 1 layer thing that doesn't fit so well.

Anyone using a multi layer suit or are they too hot for desert racing?

Sean
Myself, or Daryll with BITD Tech can grant a variance as far as BITD if you have a FIA, OSHA or NFPA rated item on a case by case basis depending what role it will be used in.

punchdrunk monkey

IMPACT! support the company that supports us. When is the last race you went to that Adidas was the title sponsor or offered contingency? You can call Robbie Pierce anytime and ask him anything about his product, try that with the owner of Adidas.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Adidas Fire Suites but I would trust Mastercraft/Impact with my life :)

LAPoliceGear.com

IMPACT! support the company that supports us. When is the last race you went to that Adidas was the title sponsor or offered contingency? You can call Robbie Pierce anytime and ask him anything about his product, try that with the owner of Adidas.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Adidas Fire Suites but I would trust Mastercraft/Impact with my life :)
I will check out their suits. Thanks.

vegasloki

Myself, or Daryll with BITD Tech can grant a variance as far as BITD if you have a FIA, OSHA or NFPA rated item on a case by case basis depending what role it will be used in.
I'm surprised you don't accept like FIA certs as a matter of practice. Suits, seats, gloves, helmets all have equivalent type specs. Pretty much all race orgs pro and am allow FIA as a default as well as SFI. They are members of ACCUS and SCORE and BITD aren't so that may have something to do with it. Regardless, you can bet your life on any FIA level cert as one would with SFI or Snell. In fact in some high power open wheel or sports car classes/orgs they don't accept Snell, only FIA for helmets.

I will check out their suits. Thanks.
Impact started when fireproof racing suit pioneer Bill Simpson left Simpson Performance and formed Impact. Mastercraft, owned by off road racer Robby Pierce, bought Impact a few years back. Top quality gear, I've owned a couple of Impact suits, one of the helmets, gloves and socks. The off the rack Impact suits I think are cut a bit better for manly US type men, particularly in the shoulders and chest. The Adidas suits (which are made by a contractor and not Adidas) are cut to a more euro style. I've owned a couple of Sparco suits as well and the the stock cut is more tailored for the dainty euro types. I've also owned a couple sets of Impact belts.

If you want to check out the inventory see if you can make it to contingency at the Mint they'll have a trailer with pretty much the full line of gear.

ndvalium

Rescue Director
I'm surprised you don't accept like FIA certs as a matter of practice. Suits, seats, gloves, helmets all have equivalent type specs. Pretty much all race orgs pro and am allow FIA as a default as well as SFI. They are members of ACCUS and SCORE and BITD aren't so that may have something to do with it. Regardless, you can bet your life on any FIA level cert as one would with SFI or Snell. In fact in some high power open wheel or sports car classes/orgs they don't accept Snell, only FIA for helmets.
It is simply because of our SFI affiliation. We have made the choice in how we implement SFI to use their suggestions and guidance but not make it the end all for the simple reason we are not trying to exclude other manufacturers or technology. If the FIA cert is current on the suit and meets the same burn standards as the 3.2a5, then it will be allowed.

LantanaTX

FIA suits are also dated and expire after so many years. I have used my FIA suit at NORRA And TDRA with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk