Adult trophy karts

r.c.t.

What is the word on this! Is this going to happen! I think this would be a super great way to get more fans and more people racing. Just curious!

EliteTK

The 2 adult races we had at M4SX were a big success. Ken is working hard on getting a race series with an adult tk class for next year. The 2 adult races we had were with Elite 250cc Trophykarts. These karts retail for just under $15,000. The $25,000 karts are 450 modified karts. The Idea with running the 250 karts was that since they are similar to the 450s in speed it would be much more affordable to run 250s. All the drivers that raced loved it and want to do it again. And as far as it being a utv, you'll never get a utv to be that quick for only $15,000.

r.c.t.

I would like to see this Happen with a solid rule book behind it! It would also be nice to let others build their own cars as long as they are within this rule book. Not another spec car that can only be bought from one builder. Lets have some fun with this and get it together. Who is the proper person to get in touch with at this point.

Pro-Lite Brian

There are both 450 and 250 adult karts being built as we speak. The one 250 kart I'm aware of that's being built will have a KTM Electric start 250 four-stroke engine. I also know of one Honda TRX450ER being used in an ADULT kart. These are two that I'm aware of because they are both using my rear-end set-up. I've heard of a couple more, that are in the works, but I'm not sure how far along they are.

We all know that there is no reason a 450 kart has to be more costly than a 250 kart. The engines are within a few hundred dollars of each other. The rules need to keep pace with the Modified Kart rulebook LOORS, TORC, and M4SX use, so that karts can be sold to people looking into either class. Maybe the engines need to be the same, maybe allow a few more mods to the adults so they can keep pace with the lighter kids...

07FJRog

There are both 450 and 250 adult karts being built as we speak. The one 250 kart I'm aware of that's being built will have a KTM Electric start 250 four-stroke engine. I also know of one Honda TRX450ER being used in an ADULT kart. These are two that I'm aware of because they are both using my rear-end set-up. I've heard of a couple more, that are in the works, but I'm not sure how far along they are.

We all know that there is no reason a 450 kart has to be more costly than a 250 kart. The engines are within a few hundred dollars of each other. The rules need to keep pace with the Modified Kart rulebook LOORS, TORC, and M4SX use, so that karts can be sold to people looking into either class. Maybe the engines need to be the same, maybe allow a few more mods to the adults so they can keep pace with the lighter kids...
exactly, no spec chassis from one builder. any builder should be able to compete within the rules as they can now in all the series.

Rog

Dirty*

Looking at it from all angles.

The reason behind keeping it 250cc is cost. If any of the other manufactures can build a 450cc kart for 15k PLEASE let me know. I know there are close to 30 Elite Trophy Karts out there, thats 2-3 times the amount of karts that all the other MFG. have combined.

Trophy Kart is putting together an Adult Championship race that has a GUARANTEED PURSE $$$$.

Let me know your thoughts?

r.c.t.

I'm thinking the blue collar guy with a family can possibly afford something of this caliber! Their are a few people building these cars for this new adult class.This is what I want to see. Letting others in, is only good for the sport! Let us know your thoughts on the efforts in getting this off the ground and going.

SICKSAND

I think that EBK are making the adult karts also.I thought there were 4 different ones currently making them but like they said they might be waiting for the rules so that they don't have to redo everything?

07FJRog

Looking at it from all angles.

The reason behind keeping it 250cc is cost. If any of the other manufactures can build a 450cc kart for 15k PLEASE let me know. I know there are close to 30 Elite Trophy Karts out there, thats 2-3 times the amount of karts that all the other MFG. have combined.

Trophy Kart is putting together an Adult Championship race that has a GUARANTEED PURSE $$$$.

Let me know your thoughts?
I will, a whole 450 quad bought new is not much more than a 250 quad, the whole car can be the same, just diff motor mounts. The chassis/suspension, shocks/ axle setups etc.. is the cost, not the motor size. so I would much rather pay for a "450 chassis" even if I ran a 250. just like anything else, you get what you pay for.

you talk about costs, the 450 will last longer and not have to run as hard as a 250 trying to catch it, especially if the total weight goes up for the adults.

some said UTVs would never be that quick for the money, I agree. and the reason is that we have 660-800cc motors and 1400+ lb cars. if you put a 250 into what is talked about, around a 900lb adult Kart, they won't be quick either. Just saying.

cutting costs are not just what it is to buy the car in the first place.

if you want to save peeps some money, then have only alum skin bodies like sand cars, they wont fall off so easy or cost so much to replace.

one more thing, it does not take many other MFr's to build quality Championship winning cars
as noted in your own series for modified Karts and I believe a Jr champion also, small numbers, better cars and great drivers. check the standings in Lucas also and see who is on top.
this is all part of competition in any type of racing.

r.c.t.

I agree with this as well! Stay within the rules and let them build the cars. It will be good for all.

SICKSAND

I don't understand the huge price difference in the two(250-450).It would be nice to keep them close in price so that the average joe can race?Just seems like a huge difference for the motor,I agree that there is some upgrades but that much in upgrades?????

Dirty*

I will, a whole 450 quad bought new is not much more than a 250 quad, the whole car can be the same, just diff motor mounts. The chassis/suspension, shocks/ axle setups etc.. is the cost, not the motor size. so I would much rather pay for a "450 chassis" even if I ran a 250. just like anything else, you get what you pay for.

So you would spend an additional $10,000 to have another chassis? do you feel it would make you go that much faster? This is what i would like to get away from. I feel they all (Hrt, Fabschool, Newline, Dejong, Victory) have good products and it all on preference. You prefer Hrt because they are your friends and Todd builds quality a products. If the Mfg's or YOU can build a quality car for 15k then let's make it happen

you talk about costs, the 450 will last longer and not have to run as hard as a 250 trying to catch it, especially if the total weight goes up for the adults.

Your right if you run 450s with 250s then you will run it harder. The way I invision it is to run 250's only in this series. Trophy Kart wants to step up to give CASH awards for this class it wouldn't be right to give someone driving another brand kart contingency if he/she is driving another car. (Your thoughts) If you are so Gung ho then create a series for the Adult 450's. Put your time money and effort into making it a reality. I think it would be great. Get in contact with me and i'd love to give you some direction

some said UTVs would never be that quick for the money, I agree. and the reason is that we have 660-800cc motors and 1400+ lb cars. if you put a 250 into what is talked about, around a 900lb adult Kart, they won't be quick either. Just saying.

The weight of the car can be changed. Nothing is set in stone.

cutting costs are not just what it is to buy the car in the first place.

People buy what they can afford. Not everyone can afford a Bobby V Tyrex or RJ Anderson RZR. But if there were a spec class ( RZR S ?) class then there would be more racers involved. This is what i would like to do with the Elite Tk class.

if you want to save peeps some money, then have only alum skin bodies like sand cars, they wont fall off so easy or cost so much to replace.

This would be cool. But people like the Trophy Kart because they look like trucks?
Anyone on this?

one more thing, it does not take many other MFr's to build quality Championship winning cars
as noted in your own series for modified Karts and I believe a Jr champion also, small numbers, better cars and great drivers. check the standings in Lucas also and see who is on top.
this is all part of competition in any type of racing.

Below as you can see all the laptimes are similar. With 4 different manufactures. In response to your quote..

you get what you pay for

Roger I feel they all build excellent products as the laptimes show below

Speedworld Lucas Series Saturdays Top times and results

1 504 BRADLEY MORRIS 42.686 Trophy Kart
2 550 CONNOR HART 43.262 HRT
3 556 BRANDON ARTHUR 43.961 HRT
4 555 JR. GUTHRIE 43.741 Dejong
5 522 SHELDON CREED 43.447 FabSchool

Speedworld Lucas Series Sundays Top times and results

1 550 CONNOR HART 43.668 HRT
2 524 MITCHELL DEJONG 43.440 Dejong
3 522 SHELDON CREED 44.132 FabSchool
4 527 JERETT BROOKS 44.105 FabSchool
5 504 BRADLEY MORRIS 43.374 Trophy Kart

07FJRog

Below as you can see all the laptimes are similar. With 4 different manufactures. In response to your quote..

you get what you pay for

Roger I feel they all build excellent products as the laptimes show below

Speedworld Lucas Series Saturdays Top times and results

1 504 BRADLEY MORRIS 42.686 Trophy Kart
2 550 CONNOR HART 43.262 HRT
3 556 BRANDON ARTHUR 43.961 HRT
4 555 JR. GUTHRIE 43.741 Dejong
5 522 SHELDON CREED 43.447 FabSchool

Speedworld Lucas Series Sundays Top times and results

1 550 CONNOR HART 43.668 HRT
2 524 MITCHELL DEJONG 43.440 Dejong
3 522 SHELDON CREED 44.132 FabSchool
4 527 JERETT BROOKS 44.105 FabSchool
5 504 BRADLEY MORRIS 43.374 Trophy Kart
I do not believe these are the 15K 250 karts you spoke of for the adult class

Dirty*

I do not believe these are the 15K 250 karts you spoke of for the adult class
Your Right LoL!! Non of these are 15k cars. there probably in the range of 30-80k

Im sure if you averaged the 1st Fabschool kart, Hrt, Newline Kart which are on that list they would be around 60-90k each? Anyone? So there it is. Trying to get away from who has the highest dollar in this ONE class.

I have classes layed out and there is a chance of having a seperate 16 yrs and over 450 class for the Connor harts, Parker Grabowski's, Rj Anderson, Code Rahders? and Adults that want to drive there Kids Cars?

07FJRog

My point is, spec classes are at the mercy of the only builder for anything needed for repairs.

Of course I favor HRT, heck Creed favors Fabschool, why wouldn't he?, his Karts do well, so Does Dejong's. that reinforces my point, many builders can build quality Karts and be within all the rules.

when these kids get older and can move into the "adult TK class", why would they have to buy another Kart to race? ( if they do not have that chassis now)

If you want only 250's then they should be able to change the motor and race. This is what can keep costs down. this is the same mentallity That the Weller SDR1 program is suppose to do for the RHino, use existing race cars that are not competitive and now have a R1 powered "spec :rolleyes:" class. and keep costs down.

I hear you suppor t this program and are slated to have this class next year. good job on that, but IMO if you want more entires then it should be any 4 cyl liter bike motor in any utv chassis also. just saying. and FNR diff box should be allowed

Don't get me wrong, all the TK's started with Nestor, and has been fantastic for the kids, and the racing is exciting in the mods.

07FJRog

Your Right LoL!! Non of these are 15k cars. there probably in the range of 30-80k

Im sure if you averaged the 1st Fabschool kart, Hrt, Newline Kart which are on that list they would be around 60-90k each? Anyone? So there it is. Trying to get away from who has the highest dollar.

I have classes layed out and there is a chance of having a seperate 16 yrs and over 450 class for the Connor harts, Parker Grabowski's, Rj Anderson, Code Rahders? and Adults that want to drive there Kids Cars?
turn key $25k HRT