Advice on running turbo/unlimited utv BITD

Rcjordan123

Reaction
Hi,
Looking for directions towards companies/teams to prep and run on bitd events either turbo or unlimited utv? who’s beat to speak to.

We UK based and currently looking at options for next year to run on few BITD events.

Many thanks

jon coleman

Reaction
shoot, how fast the sXs racing/ after market is growing, who knows by the time you ACTUALLY jump 'All In',im a Jimco fan period, when i win the lotto, its the only car im gonna look at to race, um , drive( im too old to " race"at that level😉

Robin Hood

Reaction
Jimco builds a pretty nice golf cart.

shoot, how fast the sXs racing/ after market is growing, who knows by the time you ACTUALLY jump 'All In',im a Jimco fan period, when i win the lotto, its the only car im gonna look at to race, um , drive( im too old to " race"at that level😉

What has Jimco done in the last 15 years that has been impressive on the track?

Fourstroker

Reaction
Fairly certain they built the SCORE/BITD RZRs for the Matlocks. They have won A few races here and there with them. Lol

J Prich

Reaction
Hi,
Looking for directions towards companies/teams to prep and run on bitd events either turbo or unlimited utv? who’s beat to speak to.

We UK based and currently looking at options for next year to run on few BITD events.

Many thanks
If you haven't looked already, UTVUnderground might be a good source of info for you as well.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Justin Davis class 1, class 10. Parkhouse.

ACME

Reaction
Give Dean and Joe at Suspoended Fabrications in
Hi,

Many thanks
Connect with Dean & Joe at SF Racing (Suspended Fab) in Apple Valley CA

NIKAL

Reaction
My advice would be to hold off on building anything new right now if your plan is racing BITD. The new management & Tech Dir, has made a mess of the rules. Right now some brands can run full aftermarket lower chassis & bulk heads (non manufactured vin#) and some still have to have stock lower chassis with stock bullheads and pick up points with manufacture Vin#, as the rule book states and should be. The factory chassis and suspension points is one of the core rules to the UTV class.

Then some rules are now suggestions, even though their in the rule book. Motors will not be tagged & sealed, and the racers are told to police it themselves.

From what I’ve heard Score & Legacy are not planning on changing the core rules and this will leave BITD on a island with rules that don’t conform to the other series.

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Most of the new rules in BITD questionable at best, and the tech director needs to reign it in on the interpretations. I can't believe I actually miss Cory lol. Looking back he was doing the best he could with what he had.

That being said, the entries at Parker were massive. Where that goes with rules changing daily? who knows. The wazoo Geiser car did get beat by a KOH car converted in a week who had a rear start as well.

UTV racing still doesn't make sense and we've been doing it for 4 years now.

Jimmy8

Reaction
Jimco isn't interested in diving too deep into the UTV game. Just special projects like Dakar. If you are looking for a turn key build and prep each race, call James Hill at IMG Motorsports in Lake Elsinore.

JerryB

Reaction
Agree with Nikal completely. BITD UTV rules are a mess right now. There are plenty of solid cars for sale right now on this site. Pick one from a reputable builder/racer and find a prep shop with a good reputation, many people on here who can steer you in the right direction. I would do it if I had room in the garage to prep 2 cars, but no dice. If money is not an option, nothing like racing in baja, but if you're like most of us and on some sort of a budget go with Legacy. They haven't released the UTV rulebook yet, but in my recent conversations with them it doesn't sound like they're going to go astray from the class rules like BITD has.

NIKAL

Reaction
Here is another example of the new BITD rules being suggestive or not enforced. Allen the new tech guy has made it clear all UTV, must resemble the brand and model they are racing. This is not a new rule. This is to protect the manufactures and to keep them in the sport. So all UTV’s must run factory appearance grill, hood & front & rear fenders. It was said the offenders of this rule were contacted and knew what they had to do, or get moved to the Unlimited class. The car pictured below was the poster child for what you cant do. Allen even told them on Instagram that as the car sat it would be in the unlimited class. But at Parker they were allowed to race in the Pro Production class. To me this is an example of not enforcing the rules or giving some teams exceptions. BTW awesome looking carbon fiber body work, just not legal for the Pro Production classes.

Attachments

• 81D1E303-4985-45DD-AC6D-B752DBF2BBBD.jpeg
    81D1E303-4985-45DD-AC6D-B752DBF2BBBD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114