Aftermarket suspension upgrade for a FJ Cruiser

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
I am planning to pimp up my FJ CRuiser as its warranty has expired.

I was planning to go to a mid travel kit, just enough not to change the fenders. I am wondering if these kits eliminate the front sway / anti roll bar will I have noticeable body roll in my car?

I do 80% hiway and 20% offroad, are these suspensions detrimental to safety while driving on a paved roll?

Thanks

BajaFand

Look into the Total Chaos kit which is 2" wider per side. You should be able to keep your stock fenders without any problems. You may have to loose the sway bar but with the added trackwidth and coilovers will give it plenty of stability.

Jerry Zaiden

Here is some info oun our kits for the FJ's. our midtravel kits get the maximum wheel travel and come with an upper arm that has a larger uniball and a trick spacer design. Our Long Travel kits also come with larger uniballs and NAS bolts as well as 1" uniballs at the lower arm pivots. Not to mention we can use a coilover, by-pass shock AND and airbump. Call us any time if you have any questions 714 848-8880

http://camburg.com/toyota/fjcruiser/

MID TRAVEL KIT

LONG TRAVEL KIT

mikerd400

I run the Total Chaos 2 inch long travel kit. You can run the stock fenders. I removed the sway bar and have had no issues. For the rear, I used Icon shocks that use the stock mounts. The Icon shocks have a small piggy back reservoir. I am now upgrading my stock rearend to a Currie ford 9 inch, so I'll be using coilovers, which will into the rear cargo area. I hammer my FJC pretty good, so I needed to upgrade my rearend.

I've used my FJC for prerunning and chasing the last couple of years, with no issues.

jeff

I am planning to pimp up my FJ CRuiser as its warranty has expired.

I was planning to go to a mid travel kit, just enough not to change the fenders. I am wondering if these kits eliminate the front sway / anti roll bar will I have noticeable body roll in my car?

I do 80% hiway and 20% offroad, are these suspensions detrimental to safety while driving on a paved roll?

Thanks
Have you looked at the Icon S2 Modular Shock Mounting System? What sort of $$$$.$$ are you looking to spend (realistically) ?

Aloha

DOG ON

RDC's illegal immigrant
Have you looked at the Icon S2 Modular Shock Mounting System? What sort of $$$$.$$ are you looking to spend (realistically) ?

Aloha
around 3k, if its worth it maybe a bit more