Again more i beam talk...

FIGGY

Reaction
OK heres my question on the i beam set up from what i know about i beams, i here that the best beams that last a beating are the ones off the fords in mid 70s. ok does anybody have any pics or set up of these beams on a fullsize for or ranger. i know the leducs truck had these types of beams on there class 8 and on there black f150. im got a truck im gonna start and im thinkin of getting a hold of these beams but i want the pros and cons before i start this. and which ones to actually use. i can fabricate everything else such as the radius arms ect. i jus know they can take a beatin. if any body got any pics those would be very helpfull. thanks guys.

Go Go Gadget Arms

Reaction
1" king pin front steer is what you are referring to. They are good beams for prerunners and some mild race trucks w/o excessive fab otherwise fab can get excessive to make them class 8 worthy. For what its worth you can build your own using a better spindle and hub set up. Giant makes a few different style beams with machined ends that accept dana 4x4 hubs. Blitzkrieg offroad makes custom knuckles that can run a 2.5 custom hub with the dana ball joints. that setup would be affordable and 10X stronger/ servicable than a kingpin with cone or auto fab 1" hubs the downfall to kingpin is the kingpin hole in the beam will eventually oval out if not double sheared. blitzkrieg and C and D make billet beam ends that will resist wear unlike the ford forged beams. thats just a rough overview

Good Knight Racing

Reaction
Here is a pic of the beams on my ranger it uses a c@d beam end and spindle much stronger then any stock ford part. Sorry for the rusty pic

Attachments

• Nikon D40 571.jpg
    Nikon D40 571.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 704

philofab