• Forum membership has its advantages....

AGM CV Savers

punchdrunk monkey

Has anyone used the AGM CV saver kits? I am servicing my 934 CV's (with Bates boot) and I noticed a lot of grease was pushed into the boot.

az_amsoil

I turned a friend onto them when he rebuilt his 934's for his sand car...loves them! Call Bryan or Tyler at AGM

punchdrunk monkey

Worth every penny. We'll never prep a CV on our 10 car without them.
I had another person tell me they didn't like them because they acted like a pump and pulled the grease out and into the boot?? Have you had any issues like that?

Zac Reish

Whats your replacement interval on CV joints. What was it prior to using these. PM me if you don't feel like putting it out there. I'm pretty comfortable with my method but it sounds like you're happy with your results so just curious.

az_amsoil

They were designed to keep the grease inside the CV cage and not spin all the grease out into the boot. Of the CV's I worked on (with the savers), there was little to no grease in the boot and plenty still in the CV joint...I'm surprised someone would say it acted as a pump, it is a membrane placed between the joint and the boot, blocking the grease from spraying out into the boot (through centrifugal force). I can't comment on lifetime as we serviced the CV's after every race (including the pre-runners) we would replace on the first sign of wear, but wasn't around long term enough to know the lifetime.