Aida a Shared Knowledge base app for race teams

MTPyle

Reaction
I have an app I devoloped for managing tech in homes. Come to find out its a great tool to share and store knowledge about our race truck team. We are still in beta test phase and could use feedback from a different group than our target market.

Basically you create a private circle and then invite people to the circle. To create a circle is a fee but I will give anyone on this forum a free circle. the people you invite can join for free.

Once you have the circle you can ask questions and anyone in the group can answer them. Then the answer is searchable later. For instance you can ask where is the spanner wrench for the hubs. Someone answers and its in the front passenger box of Chase 1, they can even add a picture. Then the next time anyone searches spanner wrench it comes up with the previous answer with the location and picture.

You can create step by step instruction with photos and videos. You can annotate photos aswell. The circle saves any photos that are added for later use. So you create a library specific to that circle. For example when we do a house we take pics of all the systems in the house, then we can use those photos later to answer a customers question.

Its great to keep track of part numbers. For instance we just got a seal for the 3rd member that was hard to find. I added the part number, picture, and where we bought it to the app. Now anyone looking for 3rd member seal for the race truck can find it in seconds.

Its like creating a digital owners manual for your race truck. You can store any info and its easy to find later. Its also a great communication tool. You post a question and everyone in the group gets notified there is a new question. Way better than group text, plus its searchable which group text are not. You can add users that can answer questions but can't search answers. So if you store private info like passwords and only want some people to see them.

We are seeing people use it for all sorts of uses. You can have circles under a circle. So you can create a team, then have each chase truck and race truck inside the team circle. So If you ever sell a chase truck you can sell the knowledge base for that specific truck along with it. Imagine if your race truck you bought came with all the part numbers and info. Thats worth as much as the truck.

The app is in the Apple iTunes store and we are working on Android version.

Its called Aida and here is a link to the app store.

Aida App

PM and I will create a free account for you during our testing phase. The circle you create will be private and nobody will see it. You can create a public circle for free on the app. The app is free to download but you need an account to create a private circle.

Mike

PS- I sent a email to RDC to ask if this was OK but never heard back. I figured since I am offering a free account and not selling anything it should be OK, and I am not competitive with any other vendors. But if this is not OK let me know and i will remove it. Just trying to offer a cool tool to the group for some feedback.

Last edited:

MTPyle

Reaction
You can either create a free account then PM me the email you used and I will activate Pro level account for free or you can PM me a email and I will get one set up.

Just ask you use it and give any feedback on bugs or feature request.

Here is the link to the feature set per level.

Hey Aida App features

Mike

ffdfrontman

Reaction
I look forward to giving this a go. Seems it could solve a lot of headache we have having to use multiple apps for what Aida offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPyle

Reaction
Thanks for the interest and the feedback. Already got one great idea on how to improve the app. Funny how you can work on something for years and not see some super simple ways to improve it.

I hope many teams use it and it becomes a great tool. Tribal knowledge about a specific topic (like a race car) is so powerful and we just don't have any great ways to store it.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction
Another great Aida feature Idea for race teams.

We are going to add a Log book feature. A running log of entries that outline major work or race miles driven. So for instance you add all the race miles you ran and it time stamps it, then you add any maintaence you did between races. You will easily be able to see how many miles are on the certain parts of the race vehicle and when they are due for changing.

I need to work out how the data is entered and then see if we can generate reports.

We do something similar to this on my airplane. The shop that maintains it has this website and at any given time I can look and see what's due. We will do a simple version first then add more functionally as we get better feedback.

For those that are using it let me know if you think of any other great features you would like to see.

Mike

Speedster

Reaction
Way cool. Thanks for sharing this! I can think of many uses already, including here at my business with all our techs, project manager, coordinator.... Can't wait for you to have the Android version going!