Air bumps on a buggy??

I was wondering what the consensus is on putting air bumps on the rear of a torsion sprung Class 10 buggy. We currently have a 2" Fox shock next to a 2 1/2" bilstein 4 tube bypass shock. I was told that installing an air bump stop would help the tunability of the rear suspension. I know that going to coilovers in the rear is the best thing to do but that is not going to happen until at least next year. I already have a set of air bumps from another project so this wouldn't cost anything.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Class 10 newbie

Mike_HKmtrsprts

with out a doubt I would run them even though your suppost to be able to set up a bypass like a bump stop it doesnt work like the real thing! and I have seen them on alot of torsion sprung cars but your right you need to run a coilcarrier to dial in the rear just right....Mike

<font color=red>The dump you take is the gold I make so I can afford to play and race!</font color=red>

factorX

You should be able to make a class 10 buggy work with a bypass shock, All a bump stop is, is a bandaid witch you dont need.

Off road race rental companion of the evening

michael_loomis

no save your time and money and dail in the bypass and play with the torsions. the are endless possibilities with torsions and bypass , the same as coilover and bypass. sure coilover has a slight advantage but torsions arent all that bad either .

rear or mid engine ? air or water cooled ? what size rear arms ? how long and what diameter torsion are you running ?

rear or mid engine ? air or water cooled ? what size rear arms ? how long and what diameter torsion are you running ?

Rear engine (type 1)
Air cooled
Not to sound stupid but what measurement would describe the rear arm? center of torsion to center of wheel?
The torsions are 29 1/2" long and 27mm

Class 10 newbie

AZmiik

Size of a longer arm is generaly stated as how much longerXwider than stock. So a 2X3 arm would be 2" longer and 3" wider than a stock VW trailing arm.

Mike