Air Conditioning

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Do any of you guys notice that after you make a trip out to the desert, your air conditioning smells like dust? If so, how do you fix it? Or am I the only who this happens to? Its really starting to bug.

See ya in the dirt!

sweetdevil

Reaction
Smoke menthols instead of red's... lol... Take it to the carwash and have them spray some smelly stuff in there, or just buy some smelly stuff. Pina Colada is my fav...

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
In my truck, it takes a few uses to get the dust out of the vent system. I think it is just a common occurence when getting dirty. I always have a vanillaroma tree in my truck.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Shop air hose, works for the whole interior..... Makes everyones car behind the shop a little dusty though......

Steve_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Just run the vents at full with your windows down on the way home from the desert for a few minutes. Then when you get home use the recirculate option if you have one with the windows up and spray what ever you like the car to smell, down at your feet where the vents suck air to blow air out your vents in the dash. I use some Victoria Secret stuff so my truck smells like a stripper. Works great!!!

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
......Until your girlfriend gets in the car and wonders why it smells like a chick! Thanks for the insight guys, I'll try and spray some stuff in there. I usually run it with the vents on full for a while, but to no avail.

See ya in the dirt!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
My truck smells like campfire, booze, and whatever tree my gf puts around the rear view. I am the only one who notices the stench though...especially when gettin in it in the morning. Other people say they cant smell anything so I think you only notice beause it is your truck...or at least that is my case.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

NOODLE

Reaction
Most dealerships and some shops offer an airconditioning cleaning service. If i am not mistaken even places like autozone, pepboys, etc. sell a similiar kit. The chevy kit i am familiar w/ you drill a hole in your airbox and hook up a small hose to and aerosal can w/ the cleaning stuff in it. w/ the aircondioning on you spray it into the system. I have had good results w/ the cleaning and it is supposed to kill any mildew or whatever else may be in your system and it cleans out all the dust and so on. Everything smells new again. Good luck

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiasts

michael_loomis

Reaction
my friend tells me that the smell is actually from condensation puddling up in the bottom of the vents . i had never heard of this , but i learn something new everyday!

yotatech

Reaction
i have heard of this type of ac service. at the toyota dealership i work at, the stuff we use can also be sprayed up the tube where condensation drains out to clean out the airbox, then you turn the vent on and all the crap blows out the vents. It works pretty good. on my truck i just turn the vent on after a trip and let all the dust blow out, then i leave it.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
How could you NOT like the smell, its like a reminder!! Your in the city , turn on your AC and your back in the desert, for atleast a few seconds, haha i love it!!

schafer

Reaction
on my taco i dont open the vents until i get home, and that is after i run water threw the window Cowl, that is where my fresh air comes from, then after that i can open the vents and they smell fine, another fix is goto Autozone and get a can of Ozium... that stuff will kill any stink...

Corey Schafer
tmcorey@ttora-socal.com

SDranger

Reaction
I would have to agree, i like my truck to smell like dust, the only thing better would be if VP made an airfreshener

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
EXACTLY!! =) Kinda like that race car camercial where hes like what do you have on and shes like octaine something or other...haha

jeff

Reaction
racer chick = Hey Jeremy...

Jeremy = Is that octane 93 you're wearing?

racer chick = Yeah, you like it?

Jeremy = Oh yeah!