• Forum membership has its advantages....

air dates for Parker 400/ Laughlin?

DougM

Anyone hear if either of these races will be aired on either SpeedChannel(formerly SV) or ESPN?

I didnt see anyone filming at Parker but I was only at Midway?

Were they filming at Laughlin?

any dates as to when they will air if they will air at all?

Thanks

dave

i had talked to a guy on saturday who was filming at the first road crossing at laughlin. he said that herman motorsports had put up money for the filming of the laughlin race, but also said he had no idea who was going to show it or when it was going to show. it also looked like he HAD a speedchannel sticker on the back of his van ?? thats all i have heard .

dave

just want to make something clear . herman motorsports had put up SOME money for the filming of the race not all . thanks

pjc

Chairman
Rob Herman

As I know it..

Rob Herman took the extraordinary step to help this sport by putting up a considerable amount of money to create a "TV package" to attract outside sponsors.

Interested Trophy Truck and Protruck teams were required to pitch in to gain focused coverage for the upcoming show. At the end of the day, past overhead costs, Rob's team had as much money involved as all that chose to "buy in".

The show is expected to me considerably different from the Shoemaker videos that have disapointed many in the community as of late.

I think it's easy for all of us to say "Thanks Rob and best of luck!".

BTW, if you haven't met Rob Herman, you should. He has tremendous interest for our sport and community and backs this all up with direct action.

Cheers

PJCinLV

WRC

I sent an e-mail to Speedvision to find out about upcoming TV scheduling and also asked about Off-Road race coverage and was told in a correspondence e-mail that there was NO coverage scheduled for 2002. Is this true? I took it more as of “none yet” scheduled.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://[email protected]>Sean R.</A>

martininsocal

I beleive speedvision is only going to show corr races this year. The emphasis is making it THE Nascar channel. They are going to use it to promote the lower classes of the series(using the winston, and national cars as a draw in)so they can get a larger crowd base and help local track draws with the exposure. Too bad. I am still waiting for an old offroader(he would probably ahte to be calles that!) Cameron Steele to step up and do some regional stuff with blue torch tv. Would probably go well in the southwest market. What do you think?

If your gonna go, go BIG

Protech975

How can they show 2 hours of " Lown Mower Racing" and not give Offroad a minute?
When was the last time you saw a Winston Cup driver come out of the Professional Lawn Mower Ranks! Just love to hear Billy Bob Duffer say " Damn I had all 8 hp. of my fire breathing Briggs Really hooked up today" Go figure!

nobrakes

i've e-mailed blue torch & c,steale and never got any responseses.but it wouldn't hurt for a bunch of us to e-mail them and let them know what the viewers would like to see.you know they are around the southwestern usa and baja filming wakeboarders,fmx(freestyle)and baja surfing.I've seen a little off-road on a show called planet x maybe those that can send some home video of some local races to bluetorch and speedchannel will help too?What can we as the "off-road community" do to show producers there is a market for this?I'd film for free if they'd let me use a cammera,i go to alot of races w/a class one team or a class 10&12 team. I bet i'm not the only one who would do the same!

bluetorch.com
speedvision.com

"DON'T FORGET TO E-MAIL THEM"

Junior

He is not kidding. I seen lawnmower racing on speedvision and couldn't believe my eyes! I thought to myself WTF? What will it take? Nationally televised lawnmower racing proves that the nature of the actual sport itself has nothing to do with what airs.

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

Waldo

Safehouse
Have you guys seen any of the snowcross races on ESPN2. Those guys are nuts! They fly their 600lb machines like supercross riders.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

Look at what happened to freestyle mx, it has always been around, videos like crustys and terrafirma made it mainstream and opened the publics eyes. Send blue torch a copy of the dezert people movie and I guarentee you they will look at off road in a different light. I honestly think that someday jumping contests like the one at Laughlin could be televised and possibly made a series out of. It takes something like that making the x games or gravity games to open everyones eyes to the sport, even if it isnt the racing aspect. Blue torch is a great advocate, and especially with their video watch segment where they show clips of a different video every day. The dezert people would be a hit. Look at it this way, I have a very good friend who is a proffesional dirt jumper. he rode in the x games and gravity games last year. he has never even seen an off road event but I showed him the dezert people video and he was blown away. he couldnt believe the stuff, and made it even harder to believe that the stuff isnt on a national network. He was out to visit a couple of his friends in vegas then, one being an x games gold medalist, and talked to them about off road racing. Come to find out these guys love off road races, and go to quite a few around the vegas area. what my point is, is that people outside the sport love the stuff, and if it got on a national network it would be a hit, its just getting it their.

"On A Mission"

Waldo

Safehouse
Jimmy, Bluetorch is a sweet show. They are dedicated to bringing alternative sports to mainstream and have had a positive feedback (hence the show is still running). The time slot in Cali is 4-5pm...perfect for the college student/teenager after school and the jobs where you get home early-afternoon (namely mine). Their video segment is right-on too!

How about Leanne Tweeden? Some good candy for the 'ol eyeballs.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Jimmy8

Yeah, the show is great, but she really makes it worth watching.

"On A Mission"

Curtis Guise

Administrator
Jimmy8,

I heard a rumor awhile ago that Bluetorch went under. I guess that was wrong? I think I have only seen about 10 mintues of that show, I am never home around that time to watch it and don't get to watch much TV in general. What I saw was pretty good though.

Get me an address and a name and I will send them a dezert people video. And then we can see what they say about it.

Thanks

Curtis
(Editor of dezert people the movie)

Waldo

Safehouse
Bluetorch TV is on Fox Sports Net 2 on the west coast @ 4pm. Check you local listings. Leanne hosts the show now and I think Cameron still does some portion of the show. He also works with ESPN2 and their alternative sports showcases. The web site is www.bluetorch.com

BRAAAAAAAAP!

pjc

Chairman
Dana Nicholson is the creator of the Crusty series and he guy that launched Freestyle MX into what it is today. He is gathering and shooting footage now for a movie that will showcase dez racing with truck classes in the central theme.

It is expecte for release in mid summer.

PJCinLV