ak47 build

Andrew

Reaction
Anyone interested in seeing my ak47 build? If there's no interest I won't post it... just curious

Andrew

Reaction
haha, I had a feeling you guys might want to see.

Hopefully I'll try and post some pics up later tonight.

I bought the reciever, parts kit, double hook trigger package, and radlock a couple months back. If anyone else in ca is attempting to build one "legally", this is the way to do it

btw, I'm only about $350 into it so far... not bad seeing as I can't find one for less then $800 at any gun shop in my area

ndvalium

Rescue Director
Reaction
the last MAK 90 I bought here in Nevada was 150 off some guy out of his trunk- still in the box.....I like Nevada......Then again I had another guy trade me my mossberg shotgun (Retail 200) for his Sig 220 with 4 mags....Some good deals when you need them -

Lets see some pics?

trent06

Mush
Reaction
I am in and curious about this!!!! Not wanting to hi-jack the thread before it gets started but 2 of my favorite videos...

Let me know what you guys think of those...

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew

Reaction
Yeah, sometimes I really wish I lived in AZ. CA has some bs gun laws. After this first build, some friends and I are gunna get a 10 pack of flat recievers and build them in bulk. I might have to use them to barter

But yeah, didn't get the chance to do much on the ak tonight. Just removed the rivets from the front trunion... it took hours. My camera's acting up tho, so hopefully I'll get pictures up tomorrow. On a side note, I DID get a chance to pick up a bench grinder and a drill press for $50 for both =) score

mustafa

Reaction
I got a Romanian G kit that I am putting together right now. Next project will be a Krinkov pistol conversion or a Draco kit.

Last edited:

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Post away! Hopefully tomorrow when I go to the gun store they will have the Glock 38 that have been looking at:)

Andrew

Reaction
Dang, I'm trying. I finally got my camera working today, but the battery was wasted on it, and for some reason doesn't want to charge =(

I only had time to snap a few shots of my project truck earlier in the day... the battery didn't last till I got home, when I wanted to shoot some pics of the AK.

Fear not, I WILL post some pics up sometime this week when I can get my hands on a new battery. Until then, if you guys are bored, check out my truck I'm building! - http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70325

p.s. - Mustafa, that is the same kit I have. Romy G for the win

Andrew

Reaction
Alright, here we go... picture time

The ak all disassembled.

Matching numbers means no headspacing worries :D Also, I don't have any pics of the front trunion being whacked to death (to get the rivets out) or us pressing out the barrel with a 2 prong gear puller and a stack of pennies... I didn't know I was doing a build thread till after I did those things

G for romanian guard... not gangster

Barrel's pretty clean. Looks like whoever had this gun before me only put some test rounds through it

Tapco double hook trigger, sear, and hammer make it U.S. legal (plus the U.S. made reciever and U.S. made front muzzle break - needs to be 5 U.S. parts count)

Front trunion in the new reciever - no rivets yet

Wood's in pretty good condition

Magazines :D

All the front junk semi-together

teaser pic

The next time I'll be able to work on it will probably be thursday night. Pics to come over the weekend

Andrew

Reaction
That's pretty cool. I like how you mentioned the 922r compliance.

Yeah, I really don't want to go to all this effort just to have it taken away from me by the blm just cuz I forgot like, 1 PART or something. And you know they'll do that too...

freakin' ca gun laws, man

On that note, I also forgot to mention I picked up the AK Raddlock for it today.

dezertchick

Reaction
It ain't just boys who love guns!
I go shooting at least 3 times a week.
That's a nice gun you got there.
Only thing close to AK I have is a Mini 14.

Andrew

Reaction
sick as a dog... won't be able to work on it tonight =( The idea of a grinder makes my head throb

Maybe sometime this weekend. sorry