Alaska Gold Rush?

BGRANT

Reaction
Anybody watch it? How long until you think one of these guys accidently shoots themselves instead of a bear? Or dismembers themselves with a piece of heavy equipment. I've seen two episodes and both shows they smacked a parked car/truck with an excavator.

What is with the all the new Alaska shows popping up?
Alaska Gold Rush
Fly Alaska-Bush Pilots or something like that
Palins Alaska
Alaska State Troopers

bajaherbie

Reaction
i've been tuning in .....they're gonna have to dig up a bunch of gold just to break even. maybe discovery channel is subsidizing the operation for a cut of the action, or gold.

they also leased the land, i wonder if the owner gets a percentage or a flat fee?

JPBart

Reaction
I hope they strike it rich but I heard the neighbor said 'the land owner had been digging all over that land for 30 years so don't take his advice on where the gold is cuz he obviously can't find any'. lol

Sheaco

Reaction
Anybody watch it? How long until you think one of these guys accidently shoots themselves instead of a bear? Or dismembers themselves with a piece of heavy equipment. I've seen two episodes and both shows they smacked a parked car/truck with an excavator.

Alaska Gold Rush
Palins Alaska
Alaska State Troopers

Alaska Gold Rush
Palins Alaska Update: Turn out the Lights....the party's over. How many episodes was that? (Evil Laugh) Muahhhahaha Mauhahaha
Alaska State Troopers[/QUOTE]

Sheaco

Reaction
Palin's show was and always was 8 shows. It was very popular.

Correct Fly, But the show is not being picked up for a second season = cancelled. Or are you saying the show was only 8 episodes long with no second season, like a mini series?
Either way, To be canceled implies that there was a second season. idk. I watched it once and liked it, Her old man kick arse.

flyinbronco

Reaction
Alaska Gold Rush
Palins Alaska Update: Turn out the Lights....the party's over. How many episodes was that? (Evil Laugh) Muahhhahaha Mauhahaha
Alaska State Troopers
[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the always spell binding "Ice road truckers" and Tougher in Alaska and the original Deadliest Catch.

I'm not sure whats up with all the TV exposure for Alaska but I'd sure like to see it for myself someday.

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction

Alaska Gold Rush
Palins Alaska
Alaska State Troopers

I've been off/on watching it and its better than i thought, but not very good IMO. It seems like in every episode they break something or run into a problem. Either way they don't seem to know a whole lot about what they're doing.

As for the show, not sure but i'm kinda tired of all the exposure.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I think all of these shows are trying to play off Deadliest Catch's fame. That show rules I cant wait for this season to start! Long Live Capt Phil!

ttucker77

Reaction
The only shows I've watched aside from Deadliest Catch are Ax Men and Swamp People. Ax Men is awesome because you got Shelby Stanga, that's one wild dude.

On the Palin show, I seem to recall reading on TMZ a few days ago that they could end up renewing it, but it would bite into her attempt to run for Prez if she decided to.

bajaherbie

Reaction
IMO Deadliest Catch is the best show on tv....

ROCK RACER

Reaction
That crazy old man is going to get them all killed, lol....."No Guts No Glory"..lmfao...crazy old fart
i still cant believe they were drinking from the waterfall without boiling or adding any antibacterials.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Been watching all the eposodes. For them to get up and running in 6 weeks was better than I thought they would.

The deposits are known in the claim. The rising price of Gold has made it feasible to mine.

That's how it works.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Alaska Gold Rush
Palins Alaska
Alaska State Troopers

Alaska rocks! The only state with more personal freedoms, personal responsibility (or you die) than Nevada.

This may be hard to comprehend for city folks.

JPBart

Reaction
In a commercial mining operation you are correct. This seems to be a group of guys randomly digging holes, hoping for a jackpot. Maybe they are doing some test holes and assay work but the episode I saw looked a lot more random.

The deposits are known in the claim. The rising price of Gold has made it feasible to mine.

That's how it works.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
In a commercial mining operation you are correct. This seems to be a group of guys randomly digging holes, hoping for a jackpot. Maybe they are doing some test holes and assay work but the episode I saw looked a lot more random.

That's the "hollywood" aspect of it.

Such a lease will surely come with proper assay data. Gold has jumped 50% lately. A great motivator to dig where it wasn't cost effective to dig or continue digging before.

Also, the neighbor is within a short distance in the same stream bed. He's doing fine.

smitty311

Reaction
The ol man next door said it's not uncommon to get 30 thousand $$$ in a 8 hour shift .. But took 20 years to get to that point.