alignment

singlehanded

I was wondering what most people use to turn the weird shaped piece with slit cut in it under the bolt on the top of the spindal connected to the top of the I-beam? mY tires are sucked in at the bottom need to reverse it so they are in a little at top. Its on a 83-88 ranger front end.

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
You can get a wrench in there but only get about 1/16 turn each time. I think it is easiest to take the caliper off...I am talking about the older style beams with the BJs in teh beams not spindles though.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

singlehanded

Yes thats the style beams I have I just cant get that funny shaped piece loose. Any suggestions?????????? does it turn only one way???

local

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Loosen the nut on both ball joints so there is about a quarter inch o fmovement available and roll the truck backward...it should pop that piece down and make it turnable. One problem I have noticed is that the 2 piece cams fo rthe old beams are about 5-10 thou too big which makes them a bitch to turn unless the ball joint is not completely seated in them. If you have the regular one piece they should be fairly easy to turn.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."