all terrain vs. mud terrain

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
i race a bug and was wondering if a mud terrain would be better for a sandy course like San Felipe or is all terrain better. Ive heard conflicting argumets regarding both options. Some people say that the mud terrain will get burried, some say the mud terrain works more like a paddle tire.

any body have some tire knowledge ?

thx

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

michael_loomis

Reaction
go all terrain ..... thats why they have the names they do...or else they'd call mudders , "sanders!" ...mudders are horrible in deep sand , especially in a heavy car like a 5/1600

Eric_M

Reaction
i second michael_loomis on this one, the MT's will tend to try and grab and move sand at a faster rate than the vehicle is traveling at. the AT's will grab less sand and fload better, so ive heard

stupid people shouldnt breed!

KitRacer

Reaction
if its a 5/1600 run the yokohama super diggers. Thats what a lot of the 5/1600's run. I ran them on my 1/2 1600 at San Felipe this year and won on them. An underpowered vehicle will benefit from less traction, its kinda like clutching it, you get a little slip to keep the RPM's up.

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

YZFster

Reaction
we run the new mickey thompson and we like them better than the super diggers. have two races on them and they still look new...

Go Big or stay there.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
the yokohamas would be 33's right ?
thanks for the info, now i understand why.....all terrain it is....

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

michael_loomis

Reaction
ya there 33's .... YOKES are the best tire for a limited class car . much better side wall than A/T in my opinion and they ride out of the ruts A LOT BETTER !

IRONGOOK

Reaction
Go with the All terrains. They have triple layered side walls and hold up better against rocks and snags. Although heavier than the diggers, I think they are work the extra weight. We ran them on our class 11 car and they outlasted our rims.

KitRacer

Reaction
whats the ply rating on a digger vs. a mickey thompson? I know theres two different plys for the mickey thompson.

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

michael_loomis

Reaction
try drifting them through rocks ( all terrians ) you ll regret it