Alternative to PCI radio harness?

ILoveAsianDirtyBirds

Reaction
I'm thinking of buying a helmet radio setup, including harness and PTT for my bike from PCI. It sounds like these guys have it pretty dialed in, and you can upgrade to the "race" version that is a bit more $$ but apparently more durable.

My question is whether it's possible to buy the parts online from one of the wholesale electronics websites and "build" a similar rig for cheaper.

My current hypothesis is that it's probably not worth the time and better to just buy from them.

Thoughts?

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
You can buy the parts to make one, but unless you have the tooling it will look like junk.

Baja Designs also has a excellent helmet kit for bikes. Either way buy one instead of building.

D4D

Reaction
You can do it various ways and maybe save a little money but in the end the places like PCI have great customer service and are at every race to help you out when ever you need it.

D4D

Reaction
You can do it various ways and maybe save a little money but in the end the places like PCI have great customer service and are at every race to help you out when ever you need it.