Alum floor jack

JCA

In the Harbor Freight flyer there is a quick pump light weight aluminum jack. I went and looked at it and ended up buying one. I brought it for $200. I brought it home and compared it with a normal $500 name brand jack. It looked just like it in quality and looks. I obviously cant say how it will hold up but as stated it looked just like the pricy model. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Oh while I was there the guy told me that 2 guys came in and used every credit card and every dime they had between them, they bought 20 of them and went somewhere on sat (either swap meet or the sand show in El Cajon and sold them for $400 each. He said the guy came back and told him that they sold all of them in 3 hours.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Timmah

JC, I too saw the ad and was almost hooked. I liked the look of the jack, but the max lift height of 17 inches won't get my wheels off the ground when lifting from the frame. Might be a good one to bolt on the truck to take with as long as you lift from the suspension or the diff!

HF does beat the regular price though!

I LIVE MY LIFE ............ ONE CORNER AT A TIME!!

Jack

Is there any floor jack that will lift your truck off the ground lifting by the frame?

Timmah

Yes, but it might be a little large to take with you. It's a large floor jack for trucks and has a lift height of about 3 feet. It's kind of heavy, but the one I saw at the HF by my house had a price tag of $150.00 on it!

I LIVE MY LIFE ............ ONE CORNER AT A TIME!!

sweetdevil

HF is great cuz stuff is cheap... but those are the kinda tools you take with you to Glamis, because you know you're going to lose them... They're NOT tools that go into the garage...

Life Sucks.... get a friggin helmet

Heaven Doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over

JPDesertsports

JC, I bought one of those jacks last week and I like it alot. beats hauling 'big green' around. The best thing about it is the quick release handle. Not bad height either, I'd say it's worth the money.

"You're not a bad driver, you just ran out of talent." - Mike Stapleton

JCA

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

HF is great cuz stuff is cheap... but those are the kinda tools you take with you to Glamis, because you know you're going to lose them... They're NOT tools that go into the garage...

<hr></blockquote>

I would agree, mostly :) their cheap hand tools are great for the dez because you dont care about looseing them but I use a lot of their other stuff such as grinders, drill presses, chop saws and the like for the garage. I am not a fab shop and their stuff I have bought has worked well for me. None of their hand tools or air impacts are in the "garage".

I bought one of the jacks and brought it home to compare with the "pricey" one. I was about to buy the pricey one when this flyer came out. Anyway I compared them and they appear to be the same jack, so I went back today and picked up a second one and I am still $100 ahead. The original one I bought was to be mounted on the race truck and the second is for the pit or chase scene.

Tim, I use my engine hoist(HF LOL) to lift the truck by the frame/cage

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

GMS739

JC, I also bought two Alum jacks, But I got mine Blue. I'm trying them out at the Baja 1000 this weekend.

Ed Gonzalez

MEXICAN RACER

JCA

yes they had both blue and alum (siliver) color. And I hope you dont have to try them at the 1000 : )

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

BA_DirtDriver

That jack was a good call. Won't lift the Suburban but gets the whole rear of the fullsize prerunner up. Now one of you fab guys needs to make bolt on quick release bracket that holds the jack and both handle pieces.

ntsqd

We used one @ RM 616 during the 1k. The owner fabbed a short extension btwn the lifting cup and the arm, and a flat bottomed skid for it. Worked great even after the cast lifting cup broke. Nice piece for the price.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

rt_racer

HEY JC, for an extra 20 you can buy a warranty thats good for 16 months on that jack. any problems with it and they give u a new one no ??s asked. I have two of them