aluminum A-arm fabrication for 10 car

MNotary

Reaction
What is the company name that had their "sand" car in a offroad race? It had billet upper A-arms.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Thats my friend Josh's car. It was built to race class 10. Its a TATUM car.

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Mike-

You might find this link useful:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.users.qwest.net/~tmotorsports2/tatumcars/>http://www.users.qwest.net/~tmotorsports2/tatumcars/</A>

Good Luck!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

jwfab1

Reaction
Wasn't it Ron Dalke, who had a late start at the Primm 300, driving a Tatum car.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jason-

Ron drives the Tatum car, but I know nothing about a late start.

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Was it this car? It raced at the Lucerne 300 a couple of months ago. If it is this car, it has billet upper and lower arms. Alright, the attachment didn't work again, I can't figure it out, so here is the link for the piture if someone will make it clicky, or just go to the RDC picture section.

http://www.race-dezert.com/pix/albums/2002_offroadexpo/6_G.thumb.jpg

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by elcaprerunner on 12/17/02 04:01 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Ron had ignition problems at Primm. Distributor seized and "un-indexed" itself while warming the engine prior to start time.

Still finished 16th out of 26.

Reese

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
My friend Josh raced at the MDR Lucerne 300 yes...

Go Big Or Go Home

Bryan_D

Reaction
THey used to be right down the street from my work place. There are several sandcar companies that are right around that area as well as chopper shops also. Tatums billet arms are sweet and pricey as well.

Brian Mapes

Reaction
I checked out that link and looked at the parts. Those are some nice Billet A-Arms.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya there was a couple people talking crap about how they wouldnt hold up to the desert and stuff and how they were made for a sand car not a desert car.....

Well they held up just fine and no problems with them so far!

Go Big Or Go Home

Tim

Reaction
heres a pic of Dalke's car. Its damn fast. Last weekend at the Point to Point whiplash race he would have overalled, including beating the trophy trucks, if he didn't break. He be fast...

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Videos of my friend Josh's car with the cnc arms on my website here:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/photo/lucerne300.htm>Videos Of 10 Car CNC Arms</A>
Scroll down to #1077

Go Big Or Go Home

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Mike-

Here are a few pics I took at this year's Sand Sports Show in Costa Mesa.

The first two are of the Tatum Billet upper and lower arms, and the last one is a billet J-arm from Gear One. All pretty nice looking stuff.

Enjoy!

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

MNotary

Reaction
Thanks Tony,

If you don't mind, could you send me some photos of spindles and a-arm setups?

We don't get to see much of this cool stuff in Fl.

Thanks again...

kurt

Reaction
The Billet A-Arms are bitchen -- looking -- we'll see how they hold up next year as we are racing all 7 MDR races, and yes they are expensive!!!! Dalke does not run the billet arms on his tatum car, otherwise the cars are set up very simalar.
Fish - From your video (after the race), 1 - how'd the front end get damaged? hehehe. 2 - 1st nerf, wasn't me.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Its all about the Nerfing! Our camp always seems to have people in it that love nerfing lol...I love it!

Go Big Or Go Home

JPDesertsports

Reaction
Jimco makes a nice set of Class 1 billet spindles with bolt on 300M snouts. Quinn had them on his car before he sold it. A few other people are running the with good results. Nice piece.

"You're not a bad driver, you just ran out of talent." - Mike Stapleton

desertracer

Reaction
We're running the billet Jimco spindles on our 1 car and I cannot even tell you how well they work. People have doubted how strong they are, with 35's on our car they have shown no signs of wear. Plus Mike runs them on his car and has proved they can work really well. They are amazing to look at too, all the machine time that goes into making one.

MDR #112