• Forum membership has its advantages....

Aluminum center drums

tapeworm

im wondering where people are sourcing aluminum center drums from. I picked up a 9 car and it came with thing drums and a bunch of lightened type 3's but no backing plates for them. I'd just prefer to have the aluminum centered parts ready to go rather than search for good German stuff. Thanks.

T_Petersen

I believe Bill Shapley can point you in the right direction for those. Matt Creveling might know as well.

mrmatt

Dave folts makes them

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mrmatt

I have been using them with no issues. Have replaced the centers once since I switched. Long run I have saved money and headaches

Maxwell_99

I have been using them with no issues. Have replaced the centers once since I switched. Long run I have saved money and headaches

If only this kind of thinking could catch on with more than just the aluminum drums....ha

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

bin04

AND switch to 1200cc motors- that'll further avoid DNFs and differentiate the class from the 1600s.

:-D

Bro_Gill

AND switch to 1200cc motors- that'll further avoid DNFs and differentiate the class from the 1600s.

:-D
Funny thing is, there was a point in time when Class 9 definitely competed for overalls and was the biggest class out there...When it was a 1200cc class. Same with class 10 when it was a 1650cc class.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
Flatheads and Stovebolt Sixes.

Bro_Gill

Just don't charge anything with a single barrel carb for the same insurance that something with an 8 stack pays.