Aluminum floor jack from Harbour Frieght

MNotary

Reaction
Aren't these supposed to be a 3 or 4 pump jack? I bled the hydraulics per the instructions. It takes 7 pumps to fully raise it. If the hydraulic cylinder is left "open" it will come out the "air valve" if the handle is pumped.

Any comments.....??

singlehanded

Reaction
maybe yours is a 3+4 pump jack which would equal 7 total pumps.hehe

MNotary

Reaction
I bled it again and still 8 pumps to fully raise. Does the bleeder valve need to be out to bleed it...how does that valve work? If the resevoir is to full hydraulic fluid will come out of the bleeder.

Return to H.F.????

Not a bad jack, for harbour Freight...and $170...even at 8 pumps.....

hoeker

Reaction
i used mine all weekend on my pro-2, it isn't a bad jack for the bucks, and at 6 pumps to the top that isn't too bad either. not sure how you'd pick up 3000lbs with it because i was lifting half my truck(1700lbs) and a 180 lb guy had to put everything he had into it. i don't think i even bled mine, maybe one of my guys did it, this was the first time we used it. the aluminum was so nice i was thinking of buying another for when this one fails at the track(still cheaper than a top quality aluminum jack)
they dropped the price too, 170 bucks now, i think i paid 190.

www.rosshoek.com

frankh

Reaction
I just swapped plugs and started to use it. you do have to use all of the throw to get it up it 6. maybe yours has a problem. They also have a new one with dual pumps. It is a 5 pump and can handle 2 tons.

curt

Reaction
Its now down to $149. Or the new 5 pump 2 ton for $299. A couple of guys at the track have them, it seems the handles loosen up and try to fall off (although that should be easily fixable with a wrench) and one of them had a broken stop that keeps the jack handle from going up too far...Curt

singlehanded

Reaction
any kind of warranty???? Ive also seen kragens got one powerbuilt for $179.

SDranger

Reaction
My buddy bought one(harbor freight) yesterday and the lady said it had a 90 day warranty. Then she tried to sell us an extended one.