Aluminum Odd Fire 4.5L Chevy Build

idealer

Reaction
Christmas came early for me this year, as I just received all the parts to mock up my 2nd motor. I decided to make this one my primary endurance motor and the other my high output. The only real difference it the other one is 14:1 this one is 11:1. Other than that they are very similar setups.

So Far
Bowtie Aluminum Block
3.5 Stroke Moldex Forged Crank
Oliver Rods
18 Degree Bowtie Heads
Titanium Valves

Attachments

mexracer10

Reaction
wow, do you have a secret source for all these parts? I mean that block and crank are not in any o hot rod catalog.
Wish i had those parts sitting under my xmass tree

atomicjoe23

Reaction
Wow. . .very cool, but you must have a LOT deeper pockets than I do that's for sure!!!

idealer

Reaction
we milled the domes of the pistons to get the compression down we plan on it hitting @ 11:1ish .009 in the hole.

Attachments

idealer

Reaction
We milled the dome off in a mill then cut .006 off the crown in a lathe, to lower the CH where we wanted it.

D.Mavis

Reaction
what are the specs of the cam you are running? I need to build one soon. I have a bunch of parts but no cam yet. It does take a while to source everything. Any source on a good new or used crank between 3.75" and 4.00"

Thanks!

idealer

Reaction
You will have to make the crank they were never used in that size typically. I think marine crankshaft will do them for 2400 billet. The cam is custom grind for around 7200 peak RPM not 9k like the original ones are and there are no cam cores available you will need a billet one or re ground a larger cam with the right lobe separation.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Awesome build please, please, please keep us updated all the way till the dyno then test footage:)

idealer

Reaction
Cams installed getting ready to check PTV clearance.

Picked up some Jesel Shaft Rockers, PSI Valve Springs and Del West titanium Retainers.

Attachments

Forty1Racing

Reaction
So... Where DO you find your parts?

Everything looks great, it will be an awesome motor!