ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET.

nimrod

KOOK!
RDC Crypto
If someone is wearing factory seatbelt 100% agree. With my aftermarket roll cage and four point harness that goes through the seat it’s not physically possible to hit my head on the roll cage. Yes it’s possible for something to protrude into the cage on a roll but not very likely especially on slik rock. It’s also more likely to break your neck with a helmet if your not wearing a neck harness than not wearing one because of the additional weight.

Have you ever seen how far the human body stretches in a high impact situation? Those crash test dummy videos are nuts.

Advertising supports this site

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Bringing this thread back to life as I remembered somthing I had seen somewhere.

A company was developing a “built in helmet” of sort, built into the seat. I faintly remember pics of it but can’t remember where I saw it.

This would be very cool.

The main issue at Moab I see is the heat. When your on a crawling trail your constantly stopping and starting, sometimes being stopped for 10 mins or so. It’s so darn hot that the helmet really really gets you hot in those situations.

After I posted the last post I had on this thread I went to Moab on a VERY hot weekend. I had to take my helmet off. With no wind and the heat we both felt like we were going to pass out. Too dam hot.

—john

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
I have my air pumped through a little Parker pumper aluminum radiator that sits at the bottom of an ice chest.... At the start of the race I fill the Ice Chest with Ice and water, and energy drinks, food, etc.... I have a hose attached to the bottom of the ice chest to drain it.... People always point and say I have something leaking from my truck.... I say, don't worry, it's just my ice chest draining..... Cool heads prevail....

Advertising supports this site

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Window nets Definatly! A friend lost a hand in a roll in the dunes on his UTV. Would have been a laughable flip it back over and keep going if he had nets!

—john