AMA District 37 Viewfinders GP Oct3&4

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Pre entry is officially open! We realize the economy is tight so get those entries in! You will notice a slightly different schedule, AND the Classic Scramble is back in 2009! My dad and brother will be your 2009 Course Captains so expect yet another great year of racing action!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember Viewfinders MC proudly thanks those that are serving our country (with valid military ID) with a free entry to Unclassified.

Looking forward to seeing old and new faces!~

Attachments

5th_PINNED

Reaction
i dont know much about D37 races or D38 races
whats the difference?

is it kinda like MRAN races?

RacerX1

Reaction
This Grand Prix is one of the best one's all year! You start on pavement and do some desert stuff then you head into a little mx section which usually contains a huge mud hole! If you're going to do any of the D37 Grand Prix's, I highly suggest this one. It is a blast!

peezy

Reaction
district 37 is ocotillo wells area,
district 38 is plaster city area.

5th_PINNED

Reaction
This Grand Prix is one of the best one's all year! You start on pavement and do some desert stuff then you head into a little mx section which usually contains a huge mud hole! If you're going to do any of the D37 Grand Prix's, I highly suggest this one. It is a blast!
sounds like searchlight GP
Im gonna try hard to make it to that race :cool:

RacerX1

Reaction
district 37 is ocotillo wells area,
district 38 is plaster city area.
Negative.

D37 is nowhere near Ocotillo. We are NORTH of Glen Helen in the Johnson Valley OHV area, over to Means Dry Lake (Yucca Valley/29 Palms area), up towards Barstow, Red Mtn, Ridgecrest and west to around Jawbone Cyn. We even had a GP this year at Primm for the first time. Our district holds a race almost every weekend of the month!

Harpo

Reaction
When is Searchlight Patty?

peezy

Reaction
o whats Ocotillo wells? sorry about that dude. i got wrong information from my step dad

Baja D "Diego"

Reaction
Hey Patty are you going to the GP Race? I want to a race sometime in my lifetime I know I have to get a AMA card but Do I have to be a D-37 member to race this GP in Ridgecrest?

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Hey Patty are you going to the GP Race? I want to a race sometime in my lifetime I know I have to get a AMA card but Do I have to be a D-37 member to race this GP in Ridgecrest?
You can race unclassified with an AMA card ONLY. IF you wish to race a points paying event then you will need to purchase a D37 card for whatever class it is you wish to run! You may run a GP race if you have a "desert" D37 card but only for the class in which your card bears. Hope that makes sense!~

To sum it up, you will need to get a D37 card to make your weekend worthwile Especially in order to race the classic scramble at the end of the weekend .. 2 full hours on an epic course!~ Hope to see you out there!~

For those with other questions the event is truly unique in many aspects we have full city backing/involvement which makes it really cool/have that fun feel to it! The camping area is huge, there is also hook ups but that is in a different portion so if you and your buddies want hook ups you'll all pretty much need to camp in that area/reserve a site. Otherwise it's basically a big huge dirt lot parking lot where even parks and parties together (ok ok it's D37 we're talking about here they party until about 9:30). If you have never raced a Grand Prix style event before but like a lil moto, and a lil offroad, then this event is for you!