AMA Nat'l H&H Series revived! Congrats D37!

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
Well this has been in the making for quite some time, and at last nights meeting it was made into a reality! Congratulations are in order for several people... D37 will now be heading up the "National Hare & Hound Series" as posted by Ryan Sanders, Secretary of this new and exciting venture . . . . .

Congratulations to The National Hare and Hound Association, and District 37 for their joint efforts in making the revamping of the National Hare and Hound Series possible.

With help from Desert MC, The Four Aces MC, Vikings MC, and the 100's MC the National Hare and Hound Association has been formed.

The NHHA has a contract with the AMA to help revive the NHH series, and as a group we all have big plans!

Last night, with the help of the D37 off road committee, the first positive step forward was taken as the D37 body voted and agreed to take appropriate steps to help boost the possibility of reviving this series!

With newer and bigger sponsorship opportunities, as well as a group of hard working individuals, Featuring Chris Blais as a series manager, the NHHA will promote the sport of Off Road Desert Racing, and bring this series back to what it once was.

This group, although led by the four D37 Clubs, could not be possible without the continued support of those whom are active in D37. Both big and small contributions have been made by people all over the district, and for 2010 i expect this thing to go off with a bang!

It will be a continued learning effort by everyone at the NHHA, but i am confident that it will be a big success and one day rival the experience of attending a GNCC or National Enduro event.

With Steve Argubright as acting Chair, the NHHA will be a strong and knowledgeable group. Four of the PREMIER off road racing clubs will spear head this entire operation, and they hope to continually impress our D37 brothers and sisters.

Look for future information on the NEW NHHA @ www.nationalhareandhound.com as the new site should be launched by the weekend.

Any questions can be directed to me @ ryan.sanders@district37ama.org . I am the current secretary, and i should be able to either answer or direct anything that you can throw at me!

With three rounds left in the 09 National season, now is a perfect time to earn points and carry a national number for what should be an AMAZING 2010 National Hare and Hound Season!

lf1952

Reaction
That sounds great, I hope this will add to the Series. I hope they keep the Utah races because those are some of the best courses around.

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction
That sounds great, I hope this will add to the Series. I hope they keep the Utah races because those are some of the best courses around.

That's the plan! The website is now up and running so check that out for more info!

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Jen, since I am pretty Green to the different org's. how is this such big news? What are they running in the area right now? I pretty much dont know whats going on so please enlighten me, thanks:)

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Thanks for all the hard work Jenn. You have some good people there.

desertratt

Reaction
Jen, since I am pretty Green to the different org's. how is this such big news? What are they running in the area right now? I pretty much dont know whats going on so please enlighten me, thanks:)
from what i heard it was ama was looking to sell off the h&h series but gave d-37 first dibs on it. its going to cost a little more to race them now but the rewards will also be increased.

JENN

"Pinky Poodle"
Reaction

Because there is now a "driving force" behind it. It will be a more recognized series, new sponsors, new opportunities. As with any organization people get burnt out and the tides eventually have to turn ..... AMA has "headed up" the Nat'l H&H Series in years past but with the recent changes expect the series to "revive" and go back to being a *BIG DEAL* kinda series! ;)

Argubright is a huge D37 supporter his construction co. constructed AND donated the bridge you pedestrians use at our GP, he is always supporting various clubs AND people so I am very excited to see his name behind this.

Chris and Patty Blais have been around racing a very long time and they are a great duo to also support this as they have a clear understanding of what the racers want!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Chris and Patty Blais have been around racing a very long time and they are a great duo to also support this as they have a clear understanding of what the racers want!
Yep they do.... For the Blais racing fans. Chris took 6th in UTV class at the Snowflake race and Patty took 6th in the 20 and under ATV class! ;) Lol....Great job....

RacerX1

Reaction
Definitly keep the Utah races.
We are keeping the Utah races and are hoping to add a couple more races to the series! Nothing but POSITIVE changes coming. :)
(Thanks Jenn & Marc!)

Our biggest thing is SPONSORS! Each race has their own smaller sponsorships but we are currently seeking out a Title Sponsor along with 2 sub-Sponsors for the series. This will help us grow and get some more recognition for sure!

RacerX1

Reaction
from what i heard it was ama was looking to sell off the h&h series but gave d-37 first dibs on it. its going to cost a little more to race them now but the rewards will also be increased.
Actually, that's not the sequence of how things happened. We were told by a certain mfg they (AMA) were willing to sell it to whomever, so I panicked and called our district pres, Mr. Jerry Grabow, who then got the ball rolling and this new group was formed. We were afraid of WORCS (or another entity) taking it from our district the same way they purchased the Western Hare Scrambles Series from AMA. (not that they're not doing a good job, but now the scrambles clubs up north are not part of the series).

Anyway, we want a more consistent series and a more fun series for all - even the spectators. It's hard to sepctate a desert race. Like I said - more positive changes coming!